The Student Room Group

I make her blush..

Last night I complimented a friend of mine and she says I always make her blush. Most of the time when I send her a compliment she always tells me I made her blush and she tells me that I'm really sweet and I make her feel better. What does blushing mean in this context and why would she tell me this?

Scroll to see replies

Why is water wet? :h:
Reply 2
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994

Are you a troll?
Original post by Anonymous
Are you a troll?

Are you an idiot? :h:
Reply 4
love is in the air
Doesn't neccesserily mean she likes you. I blush when anyone compliments me...depends on what they're saying more than who's saying it.
Bruh....

This is due to a permanent dipole being present in a water molecule, arising from a fair difference in electronegativity between oxygen and hydrogen. The oxygen, having a greater effective nuclear charge and being a fairly small atom attracts electrons away from hydrogen, making it electron deficient and delta positive. The oxygen is also delta negative and these opposite charges electrostatically attract the charges in other water molecules, making hydrogen bonds, giving it a wet texture. The wet texture is removed when water is frozen, as the molecules become further closer together, so their hydrogen bonds are stronger. It is also removed if water is vaporised as the hydrogen bonds are broken, so it becomes gaseous.
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
This is due to a permanent dipole being present in a water molecule, arising from a fair difference in electronegativity between oxygen and hydrogen. The oxygen, having a greater effective nuclear charge and being a fairly small atom attracts electrons away from hydrogen, making it electron deficient and delta positive. The oxygen is also delta negative and these opposite charges electrostatically attract the charges in other water molecules, making hydrogen bonds, giving it a wet texture. The wet texture is removed when water is frozen, as the molecules become further closer together, so their hydrogen bonds are stronger. It is also removed if water is vaporised as the hydrogen bonds are broken, so it becomes gaseous.

I was insinuating that this question is ridiculous. :h:
I was insinuating that this question is ridiculous. :h:

But asking why water is wet isn't ridiculous?
Reply 10
You made her blush, generally happens when someone feels flattered or embarrassed. In this context, it's the former.
But asking why water is wet isn't ridiculous?

You're killing my sarcasm.

Take it you like Emma Roberts then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're killing my sarcasm.

Do you want me to get a shovel and give a speech?
Original post by RossB1702
Take it you like Emma Roberts then ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep. :biggrin:

She plays b****y characters really well.
Do you want me to get a shovel and give a speech?

:colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
Yep. :biggrin:

She plays b****y characters really well.

Suppose so but I don't really prefer her as an actor if I'm being honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Funniest post of today hands down :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by RossB1702
Suppose so but I don't really prefer her as an actor if I'm being honest.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, who do you like? :smile:
Okay, who do you like? :smile:

I like a lot of female actresses. Just don't particularly like Emma Roberts as an actor for some reason, she's a good actress I just don't like her in movies for some reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending