A-Level Math help Watch

AJA1994
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I'm new to TSR. I'm a uni student who has dropped out of second year to change my degree but to do so I have to resit some A-Levels. I had some mitigating circumstances when I sat them and my head of year never entered me for any so I finished with ABD (Chem, Bio and Math respectively). I'm resitting bio unit 1 and also edexcel s1, m1, c3 and c4 to get them all up to A grades hopefully. I started c3 last week and am just starting chapter 7, I've been working about 6-8 hours daily working through all questions and examples in the textbook and using hegartymaths for tutorials seeing as I'm not attending college - all self learning/revision.

I think I should be finished with all material by end of February at the latest and that seems enough time to start proper practice with Solomon papers and past papers but I get anxious I don't have enough time to cover it all and practice enough to get As across the board.

Am I overreacting? Is this enough time to achieve my goals?

Any other useful tips or hints for getting As in all 4 math modules I would appreciate. Thanks
NotNotBatman
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes, it is enough time.
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AJA1994)
Hi, I'm new to TSR. I'm a uni student who has dropped out of second year to change my degree but to do so I have to resit some A-Levels. I had some mitigating circumstances when I sat them and my head of year never entered me for any so I finished with ABD (Chem, Bio and Math respectively). I'm resitting bio unit 1 and also edexcel s1, m1, c3 and c4 to get them all up to A grades hopefully. I started c3 last week and am just starting chapter 7, I've been working about 6-8 hours daily working through all questions and examples in the textbook and using hegartymaths for tutorials seeing as I'm not attending college - all self learning/revision.

I think I should be finished with all material by end of February at the latest and that seems enough time to start proper practice with Solomon papers and past papers but I get anxious I don't have enough time to cover it all and practice enough to get As across the board.

Am I overreacting? Is this enough time to achieve my goals?

Any other useful tips or hints for getting As in all 4 math modules I would appreciate. Thanks

The Solomon worksheets are also very good - you'll find these here:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...on-worksheets/ &c

Maybe a strategy of doing a few worksheets and then a practice paper will help you achieve your aim.
AJA1994
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by BrasenoseAdm)
The Solomon worksheets are also very good - you'll find these here:
http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...on-worksheets/ &c

Maybe a strategy of doing a few worksheets and then a practice paper will help you achieve your aim.
Do you think I should finish an entire module or do a different one daily until they're all done. Currently taken the former approach with c3 and learning it all together before starting any other math
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AJA1994)
Do you think I should finish an entire module or do a different one daily until they're all done. Currently taken the former approach with c3 and learning it all together before starting any other math
Seems sensible to hammer away at C3 & C4 as these are considered much harder modules - although your strategy may depend on how many ums you need to make up over the four modules.

Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (301)
15.14%
The paper was reasonable (1099)
55.28%
Not feeling great about that exam... (432)
21.73%
It was TERRIBLE (156)
7.85%

Watched Threads