Turn on thread page Beta

What do you give Rep for? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I guess the title says it all really. Talking about both pos and neg.

ReputationRep:
    I give positive rep for thoughtful posts, hilarious posts or really kind posts generally.
    I've only ever given neg rep once and that was because I thought the post was ridiculously unfair and it irritated me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    I give pos if someone makes me laugh.

I give neg if someone makes me laugh.

ReputationRep:
    Generally it's reciprocation, if find a post funny or if someone has helped me with something. I don't tend to neg very much.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Generally it's reciprocation, if find a post funny or if someone has helped me with something. I don't tend to neg very much.
    :ditto:

Occasionally i give positive rep just because i like someone - but generally they would have helped me in the past, or made me laugh.

I don't give very much neg out, mostly pos.

if theyve helped me, made me laugh or posted somthing good. or sometimes its just completly random :p:

ReputationRep:
    I mostly give out neg rep - I have a tiny penis. If you aren't a total knobhead in your posts, thats what you are supposed to do, are you expecting a cookie?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Neg rep, very rarely, for people being incomprehensibly titty. Pos rep, pretty much every day, to posts which show determination in the face of stupidity, make me laugh, or which have helped me personally, or to people who seem to be very helpful overall but don't seem to get repped as much as they should.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    Same. I haven't negged in months.

ReputationRep:
    For someone taking the time to answer my questions, people who give good advice, people who make me laugh. Oh and i haven't neg rep anyone yet.

ReputationRep:
    Pos - good posts/friendly members
    Neg - rarely, for absolute eejits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Echolife)
    For someone taking the time to answer my questions, people who give good advice, people who make me laugh. Oh and i haven't neg rep anyone yet.
    Hey cool, my long lost brother

[it's the name ]

ReputationRep:
    Pos - to people are are friendly all the time/people who give helpful advice/people who need cheering up/people who have worked hard etc.
    Neg - Hardly ever, but sometimes when they are complete idiots which normally involves being unnecessarily mean to another member.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    Hey cool, my long lost brother

[it's the name ]
    Long time no see

ReputationRep:
    Reciprocation, if someone makes a particularly funny post, or something I strongly agree with usually get some green from me.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I like to rep those that put the time into making decent posts that might go ignored (especially those in Acedemic).

But mainly for those that are funny/interesting/clever.

Sometimes recipricate rep, but only if it was given to me for a good reason.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Is saying "I sometimes rep in reciprocation" a new way to repwhore? :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Spur of the moment normally, although sometimes people get my rep because I said I would rep them.

ReputationRep:
    I never rep anyone, i'm Scrooge :p:

ReputationRep:
    Pos rep - If they're new I like to give them an extra gem. It's thrilling. It's like a new sport. Also if they make really interesting, honest, thoughtful, funny or just generally good posts. I sometimes riciprocate rep because I sometimes feel guilty if I don't. Also I just rep randomly for the people I like.

Neg rep - I hardly ever do this [I've neg repped about seven times in 6 pages of rep history - which is 25 per page therefore about 7:143 neg to pos rep ratio, roughly speaking]. I neg rep if they insult me, insult things I like intentionally, are utter arses [etc.] The usual. I also neg rep if they neg rep me without good reason because I'm such a meanie and like abusing the rep system to settle personal disputes ;thumbsup;

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.