The Student Room Group

french ca help!!

I have my french speaking controlled assessment tomorrow. I've done two in the past and failed them both.. I struggle to remember does anyone have any tips I've been trying to learn it for a week and I'm sat here the night before a mess because I don't know it.. someone help, please
First of all don't panic! Trying to memorise something while you're freaking out only makes it 10x harder. Don't be discouraged by your previous controlled assessments, use them as motivation to improve this time. Assuming that the content itself is of a good standard (your teacher has probably already checked it I'm guessing) all you need is to find a way of learning it. How did you try to memorise them before? Or do you find it difficult saying the paragraphs in front of your teacher during the assessment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

Keep on doing it.
Original post by AliceGeorgia
I have my french speaking controlled assessment tomorrow. I've done two in the past and failed them both.. I struggle to remember does anyone have any tips I've been trying to learn it for a week and I'm sat here the night before a mess because I don't know it.. someone help, please

Split it into sentences on cards
once you've learnt the first card, learn the second
this could be typing it onto www.quizlet.com
or writing it down multiple times or saying it out loud until you get it
Say you've learnt the first two, now hide them and repeat the first one to the second until you've nailed it
Then move onto the third and then do 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Do this until you've done all of it :yy:

This is how I tried to learn my stuff at GCSE

Go over some vocab/speaking phrases
Can pm you some if that would help
If you're on quizlet I have some useful links

Bonne chance :france:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Split it into sentences on cards
once you've learnt the first card, learn the second
this could be typing it onto www.quizlet.com
or writing it down multiple times or saying it out loud until you get it
Say you've learnt the first two, now hide them and repeat the first one to the second until you've nailed it
Then move onto the third and then do 1st, 2nd and 3rd
Do this until you've done all of it :yy:

This is how I tried to learn my stuff at GCSE

Go over some vocab/speaking phrases
Can pm you some if that would help
If you're on quizlet I have some useful links

Bonne chance :france:

thanks so much this is really helpful!
Original post by pearlgrey
First of all don't panic! Trying to memorise something while you're freaking out only makes it 10x harder. Don't be discouraged by your previous controlled assessments, use them as motivation to improve this time. Assuming that the content itself is of a good standard (your teacher has probably already checked it I'm guessing) all you need is to find a way of learning it. How did you try to memorise them before? Or do you find it difficult saying the paragraphs in front of your teacher during the assessment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

once I'm in the room i panic so i tend to mess up the parts i do remember and forget other parts
thanks so much this is really helpful!

If you need any more help feel free to pm me, will be around in 2 hours :hugs: Best of luck!
once I'm in the room i panic so i tend to mess up the parts i do remember and forget other parts

Are you allowed to bring some words into the room with you as a prompt? I always use the first word/ words of each sentence to help me which part I am on which helps me to avoid losing my place and panicking. Try to learn your paragraphs really really well beforehand, go over it as many times as possible so that by the time of your assessment you know it inside out which should help you stop getting stressed as the more you have prepared the more confident you will feel so the less likely you are to freeze and forget things. Don't worry about looking at your teacher, I find it helps to just focus on one spot like on the wall or something to stay in the zone- although obviously your prompt words will be there too if you do get stuck. Good luck! :smile:
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
If you need any more help feel free to pm me, will be around in 2 hours :hugs: Best of luck!

I used your method and got a B. AH THANKYOU SO MUCHH
I used your method and got a B. AH THANKYOU SO MUCHH

AWH FELITICATIONS!
I'm so glad it worked out! :jumphug: Hold your head up high and use that for the next one if it works!
You go girl :france: :jumphug: :party: :smile:
I had my first French oral examination for Delf B2 in August. Was not able to prepare myself since I was ill and could barely speak. Still achieved 18.5
/25 in it. However I will still try to help

1) Make sure you know your verbs properly
2) Be well prepared and be aware what's happening across the world, check news and stuff
3) Do not contradict yourself when talking
4) Don't rush yourself in the exam, not only you will be out of ideas quick but you will be stressed
5) Be relaxed and speak
6) DO not be monotonous

Je te souhaite bonne chance!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest