Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any medical regulations to stop you becoming a driver in the Army?

ReputationRep:
    You have to be able to see well. Oh and have both arms and legs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dymatron)
    You have to be able to see well. Oh and have both arms and legs
    lol

ReputationRep:
    Afaik all Army drivers start out with getting a normal car licence so the same rules apply as they do in civvy street. I don't think they put people straight into HGVs like they used to.

ReputationRep:
    I think epilepsy is a definite bar to entry.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to become a driver then go for RE driver and not RLC, you'll only kick yourself otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    Regular Army rules apply; You wont be able to get in if you have Diabetes, Epilepsy, Detached Retinas or Cataracts (I think). Also there's some trade specific things; There's some more info at http://www.armyjobs.mod.uk/How+do+I+...+Condition.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarogue)
    Afaik all Army drivers start out with getting a normal car licence so the same rules apply as they do in civvy street. I don't think they put people straight into HGVs like they used to.

They do Its part of the trade training, Naturally get your Cat B 1st, then C1, then C, C+E, D1, D,D+E etc....This is all at Leconfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan86)
    They do Its part of the trade training, Naturally get your Cat B 1st, then C1, then C, C+E, D1, D,D+E etc....This is all at Leconfield.
    Not all done at Leconsfield now, you can get your cat B at other training establishments before you get to Leconsfield now. Not a bad idea as it means you can drive up to Leconsfield with all your gear!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.