The Student Room Group

Eyeliner issues

OK so i got so many different types of eyeliner and i see people with eyeliner on and it never smudges though out the day and stays on their face but when i wear it it either ends up all around my eyes some how or smudging or sometimes disappearing, i dunno why i have bought expensive ones and cheap ones and put setting spray and everything i don't know what else to do and how to keep it where i want to be, for now i just don't wear it but i would like to do so from time to time.
I always put primer on my eyelids, then a bit of foundation and a sweep of powder and my eye make up (eyeliner and shadow) stays put pretty much all day
Original post by Charliepops97
OK so i got so many different types of eyeliner and i see people with eyeliner on and it never smudges though out the day and stays on their face but when i wear it it either ends up all around my eyes some how or smudging or sometimes disappearing, i dunno why i have bought expensive ones and cheap ones and put setting spray and everything i don't know what else to do and how to keep it where i want to be, for now i just don't wear it but i would like to do so from time to time.

Moved to fashion and beauty :smile:

What type of eyeliner do you wear? I find pencil eyeliner smudges a lot, I prefer liquid!
Use a black pen. :wink:
Pencil eyeliners smudge a lot more than other eyeliners. Have you tried pens, gel, and liquid?
Original post by bones-mccoy
I always put primer on my eyelids, then a bit of foundation and a sweep of powder and my eye make up (eyeliner and shadow) stays put pretty much all day

yep i have that too haha doesnt seem to work for me ...
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Moved to fashion and beauty :smile:

What type of eyeliner do you wear? I find pencil eyeliner smudges a lot, I prefer liquid!

i dont wear any at the moment cos i cant find one that actually stays on my face but i normally wear gel or a liquid pen
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Pencil eyeliners smudge a lot more than other eyeliners. Have you tried pens, gel, and liquid?

i dont use pencil haha but yes i have tried them others
Depending on the eyeliner you use, make sure it drys before you blink too! Sometimes if I'm a bit heavy handed with my liquid liner and I blink, it will literally go everywhere! I think skin type plays a small part as well, I know some people with quite dry skin who can happily use a pencil and get it to stay all day but others can't, whereas a few with oily skin tend to do better with gels or liquid liner. With primer and eyeshadow and a (decent) eyeliner, you shouldn't really go long, but make sure your eyes are clean and dry before you put anything on :smile:
I used to have a problem with this. You either have watery eyes, or more likely, oily skin. Set your eyes with a finely milled loose translucent powder, before applying eye makeup. I do this by using a velour puff and "bake" underneath the eyes (youtube this if you are unfamiliar with the term), then brush away the excess with a soft brush. There shoud be no visible powder left behind. This method will control the amount of oil on your skin, the oil is what breaks down your makeup.

I also recommend Stila All Day Liquid Liner- it's in pen form and you easy to use.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by habeas.corpus
I used to have a problem with this. You either have watery eyes, or more likely, oily skin. Set your eyes with a finely milled loose translucent powder, before applying eye makeup. My favourite way is use a velour puff and "bake" underneath the eyes, then brush away the excess with a soft brush. This will control the amount of oil on your skin, the oil is what breaks down your makeup.

I also recommend Stila All Day Liquid Liner (it's in pen form and you easy to use).

thank you i shall try this
Original post by Charliepops97
thank you i shall try this

No problem, hope it works!
Collection eyeliner never fails me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending