Eyesofgreen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm a very confused woman.couple of weeks ago I had my 3 day induction at asda which I got paid for on the 9th of this month.my taxable pay was £182.85 for 23 hrs.I paid tax of £36.40 and no N.I is that right? cause I was on the understanding that I wouldn't pay tax but I would pay N.I at 12%.also my contracted hours are 30 at 7.94 so my weekly pay will be £238.49 so what will I pay on that? Asda have my p45.I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this please as I'm very confused.
Thank you
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Eyesofgreen)
Hello I'm hoping someone can help me as I'm a very confused woman.couple of weeks ago I had my 3 day induction at asda which I got paid for on the 9th of this month.my taxable pay was £182.85 for 23 hrs.I paid tax of £36.40 and no N.I is that right? cause I was on the understanding that I wouldn't pay tax but I would pay N.I at 12%.also my contracted hours are 30 at 7.94 so my weekly pay will be £238.49 so what will I pay on that? Asda have my p45.I would be very grateful if someone could shed some light on this please as I'm very confused.
Thank you
I think you need to check your tax code - did you keep a copy of your P45?
ddrrzzeerr
Badges: 17
Report 3 years ago
Tax depends on your other earnings in the year. You can earn up to 11k a year without tax so it depends how much of that you have used to date.

As for NI, that is right if you get paid monthly. You can earn 672 a month without NI so that would cover the induction.

However, if you are paid weekly, it is 155 a week which would mean a small amout should have been deducted for Nic.

Going forward there will be Nic due at 12% over the relevant earnings threshold.
Eyesofgreen
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Sternumator)
Tax depends on your other earnings in the year. You can earn up to 11k a year without tax so it depends how much of that you have used to date.

As for NI, that is right if you get paid monthly. You can earn 672 a month without NI so that would cover the induction.

However, if you are paid weekly, it is 155 a week which would mean a small amout should have been deducted for Nic.

Going forward there will be Nic due at 12% over the relevant earnings threshold.
I was on universal credit b4 going to asda.for almost a year.and I have a copy of my p45.I get paid every 4weeks
ddrrzzeerr
Badges: 17
Report 3 years ago
I was on universal credit b4 going to asda.for almost a year.and I have a copy of my p45.I get paid every 4weeks
You shouldn't be getting tax in this year then. You will get paid back what you pay but it is best to speak to asda to make sure they don't continue to deduct. They have no reason to if they have your p45.
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you
Phone HMRC to check you are on the right tax code and you should get any over paid tax back next pay day.
lcorrin
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
how much do asda pay 19 year olds?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (718)
41.48%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (346)
19.99%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise