The Student Room Group

Is height a major concern for Muslim girls?

I don't get to talk to many girls about it, but would my height put me at a disadvantage in terms of eventually meeting a life partner? I'm not really thinking about it much now, but now that I saw a few posts on social media like Tumblr, it is quite a concern for me.

I do always pray and try to be a good person and I've never done anything like going clubbing or anything physical with the opposite gender. I do have a few female friends and I'm in first year of university, but most of my friends are guys, and I don't talk to girls alone.

Since I'm quite small, it wouldn't really matter to me to be with someone who is taller, but the girls on tumblr were making jokes about it. :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Life partner? Doubt it

One Night thing? Probably
Muslim/Asian/Black girls do tend to care about height more than the average girl, I think that's a fair observation.

But if that's the only reason they don't want to be with you, then you probably shouldn't be with them in the first place. Equally, I'm sure there are just as many that place less of an emphasis on height - so I don't think you should worry about this too much.
Reply 3
How tall are you?
There's always going to be girls that are shorter or the same height as you anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Palmyra
Muslim/Asian/Black girls do tend to care about height more than the average girl, I think that's a fair observation.

But if that's the only reason they don't want to be with you, then you probably shouldn't be with them in the first place. Equally, I'm sure there are just as many that place less of an emphasis on height - so I don't think you should worry about this too much.

Why do they care about it more than average?

And I agree with that, but the problem is that they will obviously not say that reason when talking to them, so that's why I want to know what the people on this forum think.
Reply 5
Original post by A321
How tall are you?
There's always going to be girls that are shorter or the same height as you anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think around 1.6m

I know, but I don't want to see it as a big issue when finding a life partner. I honestly won't mind being with someone taller as other issues for me are more important.
Original post by Anonymous
Why do they care about it more than average?

And I agree with that, but the problem is that they will obviously not say that reason when talking to them, so that's why I want to know what the people on this forum think.

No idea. Maybe because of family pressures and they being more likely to subscribe to traditional gender roles for cultural/religious reasons.

Does it matter if height disqualifies you from consideration for some girls, though? If they are keen, then height clearly isn't an issue, if they are not keen, what does it matter whether they are not keen because of your height or because of your smell/teeth/vibe?
I think around 1.6m

I know, but I don't want to see it as a big issue when finding a life partner. I honestly won't mind being with someone taller as other issues for me are more important.

5'3 is pretty short, but it never stopped Kevin Hart.
Some will accept you, some won't.

It's good to see that you pray and stay away from things like clubbing. Should work on the female friend thing as that's still haram bro.
Original post by Aladdinsaaane
Why do Muslims always post anonymously? Is this the online version of the burqa?

You can be a really horrible person sometimes...
Original post by A321

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course you had to give input on heights :biggrin:
Hey!Even I`m thinking over it all these days coz my height is 5.2 ft.Most guys like tall girls,but the advantage of being short is that you can get on with a short,averaged or tall men.But if its a tall girl(I mean really really tall)she will have to face problems in finding a partner as most men are shorter than her,so the result is (mostly)being married to a guy shorter than her which would still be odd.I`m happy with my height .Don`t think too much about it.I hope everything will be okay and In sha Allah you will be able to find the perfect match.If you still feel like wanting to grow taller or something there are ways in which you can.Try out skipping,cycling and swimming plus you can also check out excercices on youtube .Good luck!:smile:
Original post by Palmyra

I think it's not. All girls care about height.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Yes actually it's in the Qur'an. Most scholars agree on 6' 1" minimum.

9/10.
Allah in his unbounded Mercy has chosen your bride before the world was formed. Submit to his will and she will be revealed.
Original post by Palmyra

I don't get to talk to many girls about it, but would my height put me at a disadvantage in terms of eventually meeting a life partner? I'm not really thinking about it much now, but now that I saw a few posts on social media like Tumblr, it is quite a concern for me.

I do always pray and try to be a good person and I've never done anything like going clubbing or anything physical with the opposite gender. I do have a few female friends and I'm in first year of university, but most of my friends are guys, and I don't talk to girls alone.

Since I'm quite small, it wouldn't really matter to me to be with someone who is taller, but the girls on tumblr were making jokes about it. :s-smilie:

Bro girls are just girls, them being Muslim doesn't affect their preference on the height of their husband. That's just silly to say, just like all girls have different preferences it has nothing to do with their religion/race etc.
Some will care some won't so you can't make a random false generalisation.
It's not a fair observation at all it's just a falsely assumed stereotype and that makes no difference bro.
Why 'Muslim Girls'? Why not just 'Girls'? What does the muslin bit add?

What has them being muslim got to do with anything?:s-smilie:
most girls won't go near you at that height.
Original post by Phoebe Buffay
Yes actually it's in the Qur'an. Most scholars agree on 6' 1" minimum.

Good job I'm 6ft 2 then.

Latest

Trending

Trending