What can I do after graduating with an ordinary degree? Watch

beegirl82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I have a few questions I have been unable to find the answers for on the web, and I would really appreciate some advice

I started uni in 2012 and though I received DSA and in class support, I still really struggled, and ended up graduating with only an ordinary degree (I was unable to complete my dissertation).

I don't feel like I really took anything in that I was supposed to be learning, and my work was barely passable. I'm so disappointed in myself and unsure now of what route to take.

I would really like to continue with education, especially now that I have been properly diagnosed and better know my limits and how I work (which would hopefully allow me to take better advantage of the support offered).

My questions:

1) Can DSA, student loans, grants etc be received more than once for students with disabilities? (Bear in mind, I had already gotten extra funding to repeat my first year after my dad passed away).

2) Is it possible for a student with a grade they are unhappy with to redo the course, either at the same uni or a different one?

3) Can a student with an ordinary degree be accepted onto a postgraduate course?

4) Can an ordinary degree be topped up?

5) Can a graduate apply for undergrad courses in other subjects?
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Your ordinary dgeree can be topped up to a degree with honours. Have you talked to your tutor / uni about this?
beegirl82
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tiger Rag)
Your ordinary dgeree can be topped up to a degree with honours. Have you talked to your tutor / uni about this?
Hi, thanks for the reply 🙂

No, I haven't spoken to any of my tutors since before I graduated, we didn't mesh well (they weren't very easy to work with when it came to my illness, and I got the feeling they were glad to get rid of me).
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It is extremely rare that any one will have another undergraduate degree for. The only exception, usually, is grad entry nursing/medicine. You probably won't be entitled to that much of a loan again simply because of your disability. You could, however, get it topped up to an honours degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
beegirl82
Rep:
?
(Original post by fxlloutboyy)
It is extremely rare that any one will have another undergraduate degree for. The only exception, usually, is grad entry nursing/medicine. You probably won't be entitled to that much of a loan again simply because of your disability. You could, however, get it topped up to an honours degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the reply 🙂 Do you know how I would go about doing that? For example, would I contact the uni I attended? Or could I go somewhere else or do something on the Open University, etc?

Thanks
fxlloutboyy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd speak to your university about it

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.9%
No (191)
76.1%

Watched Threads