Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I do 4 HL for IB? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I know that I can choose 4 HL for IB and also that it is likely to reduce the chance of getting higher total point.

I was considering
    HL English Lit and Lang
    HL Math
    HL Econ
    HL History

I really want to take these subjects because I thought of SL Math, but I did Add math in my IGCSE, so I feel like I should do HL for IB. Would it be okay if I drop math after a year? Or would it look bad for uni? I am also quite scared for English, because I am not excellent in English, but I really like it. ^^

Any advice?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm a year 2 IB student graduating in May whoop!

My honest advice is: do what is right for you.

However my kindest advice is: DO NOT DO IT IF YOU DO NOT NEED IT.

There is no need to put that amount of stress on yourself even if you believe you can handle it because believing you can and actually being able to handle it are two different things. Secondly, talk to your college counsellor and get their opinion, talk to them about what you see yourself doing in the future.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.