GCSE Time management and revision/studying

Watch
b.w.s.o
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm in Yr 11 and I'm currently preparing for my mock exams in January and working towards my GCSE's. For a majority of my subjects bar economics(ocr),Unit 1,2 and 3 Science(aqa) and maths(edexcel) revision won't be too long. However for the three subjects I mentioned how do I manage to revise efficiently knowing I'm a slow learner when I comes to these subjects as I find them quite technical. Additionally, how can I revise Unit 1,2,3 for all my sciences effectively because I feel I will revise ineffectively and fail so any advice would be good, especially as I struggle with Science generally. To add, how do I effectively manage my time amongst my difficult subjects(maths, science, economics) so I understand it and can answer questions without jeopardising my knowledge on my better subjects e.g. history(edexcel). Lastly, do you have any effective studying strategies to enhance recall and make it easier to comprehend and understand topics you may find had for any subject. This is because in class I believe I learn better when I'm not in school, yet my performance and results still aren't good enough for my A*/A target grades and I want to succeed.
Hajra Momoniat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Look at your exam boards specification for each subject and practising exam paper questions. If you have any queries you can always message me on here or on get revising because I can make some resources for you if you want to. Its free to make an account
https://getrevising.co.uk/
b.w.s.o
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Hajra Momoniat)
Look at your exam boards specification for each subject and practising exam paper questions. If you have any queries you can always message me on here or on get revising because I can make some resources for you if you want to. Its free to make an account
https://getrevising.co.uk/
Thank you, but I already know about past papers I'm talking about managing to efficiently revise the 3 subjects I'm slower to grasp understanding especially as my AQA Science Specification has a Unit 1,2 & 3 for each of the Sciences I must remember in addition to my other subjects.I also asked about how to effectively manage my time amongst my difficult subjects(maths, science, economics) so I understand it and can answer questions without jeopardising my knowledge on my better subjects e.g. history(edexcel) as well as any effective studying strategies to enhance recall and make it easier to comprehend and understand topics I may find hard for any subject
Hajra Momoniat
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
O ok. well basically don't spend longer than an hour on anything that you are doing. Take 15-20 mins break in between. Make sure in each hour you are doing a different subject
alwaysneedadvice
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I made a post on this a while back. It's here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...ht=GCSE%20Tips if you want to have a look.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (102)
5.18%
Uncertainty around my education (295)
14.98%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (208)
10.56%
Lack of purpose or motivation (276)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (86)
4.37%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (112)
5.69%
Loneliness (172)
8.74%
Financial worries (70)
3.56%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (86)
4.37%
Exposure to negative news/social media (92)
4.67%
Lack of real life entertainment (108)
5.49%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (175)
8.89%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (187)
9.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed