Bio EE Urgent Help: Research question framing

ReputationRep:
    So I need my research question to be precise
    It has to do with measuring colour detection between genders in central focus

So how do I frame it so it's clear well defined research question?

This is what I've framed as of now:

To what extent does gender play a role in colour identification (yellow purple violet) in human visual focus?

Or shall I make it Does gender genetical precomposition play a role in colour identification in human visual focus?

Can you help me frame my question please? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    If you do some research on colour vision in humans, you will come across the trichromatic (literally, of three colours) theory of colour vision, which is proven. Colour vision is effected by the cones, of there are three types: red (long wavelength), green (middle wavelength) and blue (short wavelength). Colour discrimination is achieved by the comparison in the visual cortex (Broca's area 17) and the visual association areas (Broca's areas 18 and 19, where comparisons of curent visual input are made with past visual expeiences as well as with info about other sensory modalities) in the back of the brain (the occipital cortex) by taking account of the relative degree of stimulation of the three types of cones, respecively.

Central focus refers to the area of the visual field that is being directly looked at, and whose image on the retina falls on the fovea, and specifically, the macula densa (known to the general public as the "yellow spot"); this is the part of the retina with the most dense concentration of cones per unit area of retinal surface area.

So, I would suggest a title the likes of your first option but modified as follows:

"What, if any, are the qualitative and quantitative differences in red, green and blue colour discrimination between the two genders with reference to central (macular) visual focus?"

Hope this helps.

Mukesh (A Level Biology tutor, ex-medic)

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 18, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you ever go to a non Russell Group uni?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.