The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Calling all students of manchester uni ..

What are the best / worst things about going to university in Manchester?
Reply 1
Manchester Students help meeeee
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by nathanfield
What are the best / worst things about going to university in Manchester?

First year here.. dont have much time but im just gonna make a few points

-Great night life
-if you get to choosing accomodation, choose one in Fallowfield unless you want a ****/boring flat/time.
-the uni is great for sciences, mediocre for other courses.
Id rather you asked me specific questions, that would make it much easier
Reply 3
Original post by BirdIsWord
First year here.. dont have much time but im just gonna make a few points

-Great night life
-if you get to choosing accomodation, choose one in Fallowfield unless you want a ****/boring flat/time.
-the uni is great for sciences, mediocre for other courses.
Id rather you asked me specific questions, that would make it much easier

Broooo appreciate this, considering it next year studying business. Just need to know whether the area is nice or ****, heard the night life is crazy. And what's the uni like; reliable, supportive?
Original post by nathanfield
Broooo appreciate this, considering it next year studying business. Just need to know whether the area is nice or ****, heard the night life is crazy. And what's the uni like; reliable, supportive?

lmao im doing a business degree too.
If you're coming to uni to just study, then this probably aint the right uni for you if youre doing a business degree here(its ranking isnt very good for business.) The business school is cool, but most lectures kinda suck as the lectures somehow make interesting topics quite boring.

The actual area is really nice, theres so much going on, and the uni itself is only a short way from the city centre where theres loads to do. Whether the uni is reliable/supportive really depends on the extent to which you wanna communicate with/get to know your lecturers and course leaders..
What degree in particular are you looking at? Any other questions? more specific is possible
Reply 5
Original post by BirdIsWord
lmao im doing a business degree too.
If you're coming to uni to just study, then this probably aint the right uni for you if youre doing a business degree here(its ranking isnt very good for business.) The business school is cool, but most lectures kinda suck as the lectures somehow make interesting topics quite boring.

The actual area is really nice, theres so much going on, and the uni itself is only a short way from the city centre where theres loads to do. Whether the uni is reliable/supportive really depends on the extent to which you wanna communicate with/get to know your lecturers and course leaders..
What degree in particular are you looking at? Any other questions? more specific is possible

What about the BAEconomics and Politics course, or International Business, Finance, and Economics course? How satisfied are people and what's the outlook?
I'm looking to replace one choice on my UCAS application so I'm thinking between Manchester and KCL for some Economics/Politics/Business courses

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending