student finance application - coincidence or something more sinister? Watch

fusen
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
So originally when I tried to sign up online I was told I would have to do it through the post with the PN1 form due to someone else having my same name and the online system couldn't handle it.

now I just had a letter which involved me phoning my local student finance office up and discussing my application due to the same person with my name.

it also happens to be that this person doesn't just have my full name including my middle name but also has the exact date of birth

and his local county is Kingston upon hull
where as mine is Kingston

so you can obviously see why their online system couldn't cope...but I'm just going into 21st century paranoia mode and wondering if someone is trying to use my info to get a loan?

what do you think the chances of it are
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i doubt its very slim. There was someone in my year, in my town, with my date of birth at my opticians, so they always have to ask for my address when i go.

Your NI numbers will be different. They will probably ask for proof of ID... so it will get sorted out.
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'd definitely get that checked out, if ALL your details are the same.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (286)
44.34%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (201)
31.16%
I don't have an opinion (158)
24.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed