Changing banks after 1st year? Watch

Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I am wondering if this is possible. HSBC don't exactly seem the greatest bank for me to be doing business with, especially with a student account, but I need a bank that is in England as well as in Northern Ireland.

Would it be possible to change after my first year to a different bank? eg. Natwest before I leave in my last term of my first year?

Thanks
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
You can have as many accounts as you like - but only 1 student account.

if you do change banks you won't be able to get freebies, but you should still be able to open up a student account, providing your other is closed.

Alternatively just have a normal bank account with another bank. (i have 2 usual current accounts, and 1 student account with different banks)
Xx Tomásíona - Mháire xX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by ~Kirsty~)
You can have as many accounts as you like - but only 1 student account.

if you do change banks you won't be able to get freebies, but you should still be able to open up a student account, providing your other is closed.

Alternatively just have a normal bank account with another bank. (i have 2 usual current accounts, and 1 student account with different banks)
I was wanting to transfer my student account to a different bank. I don't mind, I don't need the freebies. It's just that HSBC isn't all that great It was just by chance that I actually saw it and I needed my student account set up ASAP.
~Kirsty~
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i'm sure you should be able to do that no problem.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (332)
45.42%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (227)
31.05%
I don't have an opinion (172)
23.53%

Watched Threads