The Student Room Group

Being used by a friend (girl)

Someone who never gets in touch, asks to spend time together/hang out when they're with their boyfriend but then texts/want to hang out every time they break up....is that deliberately using their friend?

My friend has been 'off again, on again' with her bf for 18 months and everytime theyre ''in love'' she basically ignores me and when they break up shes messaging me and asking to meet up.

I feel like that's such a bad way to treat a friend, and I don't even know if I can call her a friend anymore. But she doesn't seem to see anything wrong with what she does?

It literally messes with my emotions and my mind because one minute I'm a nobody and next I'm her best friend.

How do you deal with this?
Tell her how you feel
(edited 7 years ago)
I was in a similar situation with one of my best friends. Tbh I couldn't really do much about it, I just sort of downgraded our friendship to one where I wouldn't be so offended if she didn't talk to me for a while. We ended up meeting once every few weeks and that ended up being a stable situation whether she was in a relationship or not.

(I'm assuming your friendship isn't sexual since you haven't explicitly said that it is)
Reply 3
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Someone who never gets in touch, asks to spend time together/hang out when they're with their boyfriend but then texts/want to hang out every time they break up....is that deliberately using their friend?

My friend has been 'off again, on again' with her bf for 18 months and everytime theyre ''in love'' she basically ignores me and when they break up shes messaging me and asking to meet up.

I feel like that's such a bad way to treat a friend, and I don't even know if I can call her a friend anymore. But she doesn't seem to see anything wrong with what she does?

It literally messes with my emotions and my mind because one minute I'm a nobody and next I'm her best friend.

How do you deal with this?

Then get some self respect. You let yourself be used.
1. Find different friends and lead your own life.
2. Next time she does this, then be busy and go out with different friends.
3. You can point out to her she only wants to know you when shes broken up .
4. Nobody forces you to meet her.

Clearly you have some self esteem issues. be better to work on those, then you wouldnt get used.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending