Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i asked for self-catered and got catered :confused:
    i'm preferably looking for self-catered with an ensuite if possible
    did anyone else asked for self-catered but got catered?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i got ramsay hall too although i applied for selfcatered..i know atleast 3 people here on TSR in the same situation..

ReputationRep:
    me too

ReputationRep:
    If you got catered when you asked for self-catered then I'm not sure how many people there will be in the opposite situation where they asked for catered but got self-catered. The UCL Accommodation Office is utterly useless. Rude and treats you with contempt. I'm not convinced they actually read your application.

ReputationRep:
    i agree..when i called them up to ask something n the woman on the phone was quite rude..they dont answer emails either..on the other hand, the law department person was very polite and helpful on the phone and responded to my email the same day

ReputationRep:
    "Hmm, does anyone want Ramsay hall?" Yeah I'll have the whole building if you're offering it :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'd love to take your Ramsay hall offer, but I have nothing to trade for it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommehR)
    If you got catered when you asked for self-catered then I'm not sure how many people there will be in the opposite situation where they asked for catered but got self-catered. The UCL Accommodation Office is utterly useless. Rude and treats you with contempt. I'm not convinced they actually read your application.
    I support your post. They are not helpful at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommehR)
    I totally agree. I put down proximity to campus as my priority and they assigned me to basically the farthest building from campus. And I submitted the housing form in March...not like it was late or anything. The accommodation office literally does SUCH a bad job with everyone's application I can only assume it's intentional. There's no possible way anyone could do this bad a job at anything purely from incompetence. I think you basically have to assume that the staff in the Accommodation office spend their days reading though applications and laughing their heads off about how much they're screwing each student over by doing the exact opposite of what they request.

ReputationRep:
    They're just as bad if you try and deal with them in person.

ReputationRep:
    it's possible to ask for a different room,... i was told on the 15th october it'll b possible to sign up for a list and then they'll try and match ur requirements

ReputationRep:
    hellooo - I have a single at James Lighthill house - and it has an en suite! £133 a week...

did you say you were in Ramsey? I dont mind if its shared really! Let me know if you're interested in a swapppp

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Ive got an offer for Ramsay too but im looking for an en suite...
    favour a swap??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mighty_stanislav)
    hellooo - I have a single at James Lighthill house - and it has an en suite! £133 a week...

did you say you were in Ramsey? I dont mind if its shared really! Let me know if you're interested in a swapppp

xxx
    Hi sorry i've been on holiday! were you still interested in swapping? I can't decide whether I should try out Ramsey and go on the swap list in october or whether I should just swap with someone now...

ReputationRep:
    Ramsay Hall was atrocious last year, thats why people are being allocated to it regardless of what they ask for,

ReputationRep:
    Hi i have a single room at Ifor evans hall at about 126 pounds per week... anyone with a room at ramsay wanna swap with me?

ReputationRep:
    i have a single room at ann stephenson, not en-suite sadly, but still self catered. i'm reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally desperate for somewhere like ramsay, so if you want my room give me a shout!

ReputationRep:
    hey guys i have no room at all but if you do give me a room at Ramsay hall i will give you a massive financial incentive

ReputationRep:
    lol after posting i realised this thread is a year old, haha

ReputationRep:
    huh what huh

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.