Turn on thread page Beta

Hey there bunch! Well I was wondering what is thebest food before driving? To increase concentration and make you feel happeh?
    Any suggestions or experience from people who have/had driving lessons AND people who suggest good thinking foods for driving tests/stressful driving situations AFTER passing :party:
    taaaa! :girl:

ReputationRep:
    try a little bit of chocolate (dark as you can). gets the endorphines going. plenty of fruit and a small bowl of pasta or porridge or something that has slow energy release.

ReputationRep:
    bananas!!

oooooo good 1 !!!

ReputationRep:
    cant go wrong with STELLAS

ReputationRep:
    definitely bananas - have been shown to improve mood, concentration, memory, energy - and they are easy on the stomach
    google it if u want more reasons

ReputationRep:
    Bananas and any other 'power food' really. Chocolate is a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with what everyone else has said - bananas. Very good brain food. I always used to eat them before an exam.

I don't know why but after every lesson I used to have a sausage sandwich..hmm thats making me feel hungry!

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHAH... i got really stoned before driving lessons before, was 30 minutes late for my lesson, n when i was driving I kept hitting the gas pedal and brake pedal at the same time! DONT DO WUT I DID

ReputationRep:
    If in doubt... Bananas WITH chocolate. Oh yes!

(is it really bad that i use gwen stefani to check i've spelt bananas correctly? In my head I have to go B-an-an-as...oddly enough I never had trouble spelling the word before the song. Wow that was a bit of mad rambling I should go to bed)

ReputationRep:
    Agree with bananas.

Also don't have too much water as needed to go to the toilet wouldn't help with concentrating on driving!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by martz1)
    cant go wrong with STELLAS
    Best food ever! lol

Was about to say the OP should go for pretty much anything bar vodka jelly :P

ReputationRep:
    Banana and a coffee always did me the trick
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I would just say something high energy, but slow releasing - so maybe a sandwich or something.

ReputationRep:
    Red Bull... but that's more of a drink

ReputationRep:
    My instructor used to complain about another pupil he had who always seemed to have eaten garlic before every lesson. So not that or your teacher will be trying to get rid of you

Dark chocolate ftw

ReputationRep:
    my instructor seems to really dislike me at the moment, so i think i'll be having a hummous sandwich with garlic bread before my next lesson!! *evil laugh* that'll teach him to mess with me!!

ReputationRep:
    bananas and caffeine, though if you are having 2hr lessons then you may want something starchy and slow-release energy to make sure you are concentrating for the whole time - nothing worse than losing your concentration due to a big sugar low half/ 3/4 of the way through your lesson or test.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.