Turn on thread page Beta

Songs That Predict The Fate Of The Artist watch

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if the title of the thread doesn't really sum up what I meant, was hard to put it into a short sentence. Basically post any song titles or lyrics that where written before a tragic event that actually came true... Here's a few from me and my favourite bands to start it off. Explanations would make it better too!

*Dead By Xmas by Hanoi Rocks. Drummer Razzle was killed in a car crash on 8th December.

*Dirt by Alice In Chains is like listening to Layne Stayley's suicide note.

*Come As You Are - Nirvana. "I swear that I don't have a gun"

*Def Leppard - Wasted -

"Wasted; I've wasted my time
    Wasted; I'm shooting a line
    Wasted; I'm out of my head
    Wasted; I wish I was dead"

Guitarist Steve Clark (And one of my personal heroes ) was killed by an alcohol and painkiller overdose.

* Baby's On Fire by Great White. Last year the guitarist of the band along with something like 100 fans were killed at a concert when some pyrotechnics caught fire.

R.I.P. to everyone I've mentioned, especially Steve.

ReputationRep:
    the only artist i'd really know about that is nirvana and kurt cobain like you already said. i'd also add that songs like 'all apologies' (what else could i be..? etc) give an insight into how he was feeling at the time, and their cover of 'the man who sold the world' seems like kurt confessing that he feels like a fraud and selling out which is what ultimately drove him to do what he did.

ReputationRep:
    Lead singer of Drowning Pool drowned in a pool.

ReputationRep:
    2pac

ReputationRep:
    Bad - Michael Jackson

I kid, i kid, MJ is a legend!

Whiplash - Metallica... Cliff Burton dying in the bus accident not too long after the album was released - or is that too vague a link? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matteh)
    Lead singer of Drowning Pool drowned in a pool.
    i couldnt help but laugh at that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Homage)
    Whiplash - Metallica... Cliff Burton dying in the bus accident not too long after the album was released - or is that too vague a link? :P

That was the first one I thought of as well. Given that the song is about touring and whiplash relates to headbanging it seems a bit tenuous though lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mikesev)
    That was the first one I thought of as well. Given that the song is about touring and whiplash relates to headbanging it seems a bit tenuous though lol.
    I thought whiplash also relates to when you have a car/BUS accident...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    I thought whiplash also relates to when you have a car/BUS accident...
    Indeed it does. But excessive headbanging gives you the same sore neck as a car accident. Perhaps not AS bad, but still it's whiplash.

Besides:

"Adrenaline starts to flow,
    You're thrashing all around,
    Acting like a maniac...
    Whiplash!"

(from memory :cool:)

makes it fairly clear.

ReputationRep:
    Wannabe - Spice Girls

Pretty much summed up their individual solo careers :p:

ReputationRep:
    adrian borland -"i'll take my life into my own hands , i'm the one that i will blame, i'm the one that understands."

threw himself under a train in wimbledon 1999 R.I.P adrain

ReputationRep:
    Death - Pull the Plug

(Chuck Schuldiner died when he was taken off life support due to the effects of cancer).

ReputationRep:
    Nick Drake - Fruit Tree

ReputationRep:
    First three seconds of 7 Day Theory,Tupac says : "Suge shot me".............

ReputationRep:
    'Lyrical foreshadowing'?

ReputationRep:
    Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody ('you think you can love me and leave me to die')

Whatever people might say about it not being about HIV/AIDS, I think it's weird.

ReputationRep:
    Amy Winehouse - Rehab - she actually had to go in the end, but didnt stay long....

Manic Street Preachers - Suicide Is Painless - Ritchie may have commited suicide ?

Babyshambles - **** Forever - him and Kate didnt last forever lol

ReputationRep:
    Jeff Buckley - Grace. Pretty much the whole song, if you can read between the lines.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of Marc Bolan's lyrics related to cars, but he himself never learnt to drive because he was so scared of crashing. Ironically, he died in a car crash with his girlfriend driving.

Gosh he was so brilliant. A true legend.

ReputationRep:
    that britney spears one. "turns out im a crazy psycho hick"

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.