I need diet motivation

Watch
Gaby123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all.
Im a girl whos 5ft 8in and I weigh 11 stone 12lbs. I have a caribbean heritage so my fat doesn't show as badly but I would prefer to be slimmer.
3 months ago I started the atkins diet and up unitil now I have lost 9 lbs but no more because I've been cheating on the diet throughout.
I feel so guilty...
My mother tries to keep me on course but I cheated today while she was out. It's christmas and I love mince pies. But I know if I eat them to much the weight will pile up again.
Does anyone have any tips for staying on a diet.
Thank you.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It's all about TDEE
Gaby123
Rep:
?
What does TDEE stand for?
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Google is your best friend
Btw it's possible That your problem is simply a mental one, in which you feel a lot of guilt for overstepping just a tiny bit. You just have to stick to your goals, and not torture yourself if you miss them for whatever reason. If the goal is too far, target something more achievable
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
The Atkins Diet is difficult to adhere to. Evidence suggests that lowering the number of calories you eat is more important than the type of diet, but adherence rates to the Mediterranean Diet in particular are quite promising.
Gaby123
Rep:
?
(Original post by shawn_o1)
Google is your best friend
Btw it's possible That your problem is simply a mental one, in which you feel a lot of guilt for overstepping just a tiny bit. You just have to stick to your goals, and not torture yourself if you miss them for whatever reason. If the goal is too far, target something more achievable
Okay. Have you ever needed to lose a lot of weight?
Gaby123
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
The Atkins Diet is difficult to adhere to. Evidence suggests that lowering the number of calories you eat is more important than the type of diet, but adherence rates to the Mediterranean Diet in particular are quite promising.
Have you ever tried the atkins diet?
shawn_o1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gaby123)
Okay. Have you ever needed to lose a lot of weight?
I did manage to lose weight in the 2 months I had living by myself. Stopped buying snacks, ate three meals a day and moved about more often (by bike).
Came back to my family who immediately fed me more. I still live with them so have no control over my diet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (21)
18.26%
I'm not sure (2)
1.74%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (34)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.61%
I'm not a current university student (55)
47.83%

Watched Threads