Hmb28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I don't really understand this question
What volume of the following solution will be oxidised by 25.0cm3 of 0.0200mol dm-3 acidified potassium manganate (vii) solution ? A) 0.0200moldm-3 tin(ii) nitrate
So far I did moles of MnO4-2= 0.02*25/1000=5x10-4
So 5x10-4 / 0.02= 0.025dm3 is this right ?
metaljoe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes the moles are correct. Now I believe you need to work out the equation regarding tin and acidified potassium manganate (vii). Use this to calculate the mole ratio and use this amount of moles for tin along with its concentration - 0.02moldm^-3 in orer to work out the volume. Now you have the answer!!
Hmb28
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by metaljoe)
Yes the moles are correct. Now I believe you need to work out the equation regarding tin and acidified potassium manganate (vii). Use this to calculate the mole ratio and use this amount of moles for tin along with its concentration - 0.02moldm^-3 in orer to work out the volume. Now you have the answer!!
Thanks !
metaljoe
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not a problem my friend, if you need any help with other questions just give me a bell.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (117)
63.59%
No (67)
36.41%

Watched Threads