Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Right im coming to Nottingham Trent this Oct, living in Peveral just got a few questions i dont no if anyone can help me with..sorry if they've already been asked..

Firstly, for smokers.. whats the smoking situation like there? Can you get away with smoking in your rooms or have you gotta go out somewhere?

Second.. i heard there are room inspections, or am i wrong? if so do they give you notice?
    also does any1 no anything about block F? (i think im block F)

and finally... i heard Kano's down at the student union on the 2nd.. can any1 clarify this?

Cheers

Dave

ReputationRep:
    Smoking was allowed in your own room or outside when I lived there (2 years ago) however the smoke detectors are v.sensitive so smoking in your room would most likely require you to open the window.

There are inspections but you do get a notice before hand telling you when they will take place, so you get plenty of time to hide things you shouldnt have and tidy up.

And for the last question, no idea, have to check the trent union website

ReputationRep:
    when i went to visit peverell there were no smoking signs put on the main doors of each block.. im assuming that means that there is no smoking allowed in the building!?!?? you could ring up and ask x

ReputationRep:
    Nah its probably deffiantly no smoking but im jus wondering if u can get away with it

1 more question.. how far is nottingham forrest fc from trent?

cheers

ReputationRep:
    i suppose if you have a room faing outwards and u put a sock over the fire alarm no one would know!

ReputationRep:
    facing*

ReputationRep:
    You can use a rubber band and like a sandwich bag to cover the smoke alarm, use to do that when burning candles

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.