Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ok this sounds pretty yuck, but recently I found a lump on my vagina. I thought to myself oh it's probably an ingrown hair, i'll see how i go. So i left it, went camping.. but it got bigger and bigger and more painful. Eventually I had to come home early and go straight to the walk in centre, where they told me it was an absyss and to go straight to a&e. The nurse said I hadn't done anything wrong but it probably needed to be drained and i'd be put on antibiotics. At this point it had popped and was bleeding and getting a little smaller in size. So i went to a&e, got examined, they told me the same thing, but they needed a second opinion, so went to get a gynaecologist (sp?), however in the end the doctor came back and said oh there's no need for a second opinion, it's coming down so i'm just going to give you some antibiotics to clear it.

She asked me whether I was sexually active/had ever had unprotected sex, but my mum was in the room... i was nervous as i'd never had that sort of examination before so i asked her to come with me, but my mum doesn't know i'm not a virgin. I'm not sexually active right now, I've slept with five people (all boyfriends, serious relationships) but she wouldn't like that if she knew that, even though i'm 17. So of course i said no to her questions.

So i went away with antibiotics, but one of the tablets kept making me be sick, for some reason i couldn't keep it down.. probably the taste. I kept meaning to go to the doctors and change it but i've had such a busy week with a new job and such, i haven't had a chance.. so stupidly, i forgot to take my anti biotics all together. Now the lump is getting bigger once again, but i'm also getting another at the top, not actually on my vagina like the other, but at the top of the clitoris, i guess you could say. It's getting harder and rounder, and slightly painful. I'm paranoid now, really really worried but I'm too scared to go back to the doctors. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? It's really affecting me, I'm putting off a potential relationship/sexual relationship because of it and such like.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You know what you have to do really. Just don't go with your mum this time. Or even if you do, don't lie.
sssh
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
God, that sounds worrying...Helenia is right, of course. Good luck.
Fluent in Lies
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Don't give a false history if you want a correct diagnosis.
banksy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Warts?
Rutter knows best!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
could it be a sabacous syst maybe? don't know if girls get 'em.

I have been in hospital all day today.
After deciding i wanted something doing a few months ago, i finally had my operation today. it went smoothly thank god.

but i had 3 in my case lumps on my ball bag , each about the size of a pea apart from one which was a bit bigger.

it was very sereal indeed all the nurses doctors surgeons were women and i wzas lying there while one butchered my ball sack while i engaged in light hearted convosations about were is gd to eat, decent bars, driving lessons and local anesthetic with the young lady's in the room.
it was quite odd but not as weird as i thought it would be.

any other lads had this ? or women?not the procedure just the lumps.
FCabinet34x72
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
Don't give a false history if you want a correct diagnosis.
It wont help if your' tell a pack of rubbish!
Siz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Go back, without your mum, and explain what's happened. They should be sympathetic - I don't think you should have been asked about your sexual history with your mum in the room anyway, there's some serious privacy issues going on there :P Sounds like you need different antibiotics - tell them that you have been sexually active (this doesn't sound like an std to me, but they can easily test it to rule it out) and that you haven't been taking your antibiotics because you couldn't keep them down. Good luck
yellow96
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm sure they wouldn't have asked how many people you've had sex with. They probably just wanted to know so that they could run an STD check. Honestly though, I don't see how admitting that you've had sex could be that embarrassing, when you're already talking about having weeping, bleeding lumps on your vagina. Go back and tell them everything you've said here.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
So does this sound like an STD? Arghh I'm so worried, I've found about 3 more, small in size, but still. It's really painful. I mean my overall health right now is awful.. my periods have stopped (unfortunately I have an eating disorder) and I've had kidney infections in the past year. I think I'll just tell my mum and go to the doctors but go in alone, even though I still want her with me. God I sound so childish but it's really scary for me cos at first I thought it was like a cyst.. ie. something cancerous, but obv it's not. I also have thrush at the moment which makes it soooo painful, and I'm too worried to treat the thrush externally in case it does anything bad to the bumps etc.
squeak
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
go. to. the. doctors!
Tailz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
could be warts but you need to go back, on your own, and tell the truth this time!
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Two choices:

You can either be the 'child' and have your mum holding your hand at the doctor; but this means you will need to 'fess up' as it were; there's no way you'll get the best treatment you can without being honest here IMO.

Or you can be the 'adult' and go alone and be 100% straight with the doctors.

Either way, you need to go back, else it will surely only get worse. And if it IS serious (not trying to scare you), then that's never good..
prettygreeneyes99
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You can still take her with you, but just go into the GP's office by yourself, she'll not be far away if you need her!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (112)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (172)
27.22%
Not great so far... (226)
35.76%
I want to drop out! (122)
19.3%

Watched Threads