The Student Room Group

Northumbria uni Adult Nursing 2017

Hi everyone! I can't seem to find a thread for Northumbria university applicants starting Adult Nursing in September 2017, so thought I would create this one.

Just wondering if anyone has had there interview yet and if anyone has had a reply if so?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I had interview on 5th December have not heard back yet. Have you ?
Hiya! I had an interview on the 25th November and haven't heard back yet! I gave them a call and they said that they had until March to decide if we have a place! I honestly thought it would be before Christmas to hear back!
Had my interview 5th December. Still waiting to hear back
Reply 4
Original post by EVJH0901
Hi I had interview on 5th December have not heard back yet. Have you ?

Hi, I had my interview on the 25th November and have not had a reply yet either :frown: hopefully we'll hear back soon!
Reply 5
Original post by TonichaAli
Hiya! I had an interview on the 25th November and haven't heard back yet! I gave them a call and they said that they had until March to decide if we have a place! I honestly thought it would be before Christmas to hear back!

Hey I had my interview on the 25th November aswel and still haven't heard back :frown: I thought it might have been before Christmas. Hopefully we get a reply soon!
Reply 6
Original post by RascalRach
Hi. I'm a first year student at Northumbria doing adult nursing. If there is anything you would like to know about the course etc... let me know :-)

Hi there, :smile: How are you getting on with the course? Are you living in student accommodation? If so, are you house sharing or are you staying with other student nurses? Sorry for the 20 questions but what are your placements like? Do they help you so your not travelling miles away? Also.. Do you get holidays and time off or is it true when people make out that student nurses litrally spend their life on placement? Thanks xx
Reply 7
I applied and havent even been invited yet, at this rate i am very worried
Original post by NatalieT12
Hey I had my interview on the 25th November aswel and still haven't heard back :frown: I thought it might have been before Christmas. Hopefully we get a reply soon!

We'll literally have to sit and stew about it over christmas 😣It's all I can think about haha. Hopefully January we'll find out! We were probably in the same interview slot haha!
Reply 9
hi ive got my interview on Monday but most of my friends have had theirs and not heard, I'm wondering if they wait until everyone has been interviewed until they decide?
Original post by Rachaex93
hi ive got my interview on Monday but most of my friends have had theirs and not heard, I'm wondering if they wait until everyone has been interviewed until they decide?

Hi, I received my offer on the 5th Jan, I'm not sure why your friends haven't heard back yet but I think the next time they send offers out is February
Original post by Jmcdonough
Hi, I received my offer on the 5th Jan, I'm not sure why your friends haven't heard back yet but I think the next time they send offers out is February

Ah god knows then! When was your interview?well done!
Original post by Rachaex93
Ah god knows then! When was your interview?well done!

Thank you! And I have my interview on the 5th December so I was lucky to have only waited a month before I heard back
That's good! Hope I don't have to wait long!
Reply 14
Does anyone know what the interview is like? What questions do they ask etc
The interview is really relaxed, in the group interview I was asked the role of a nurse, I was also given key words and had to give an example of when/how I used it. The one on one interview was more like a chat, they asked me why adult nursing and things like that
Reply 16
When I went for my interview they told me that each stage was marked and you were given so many points depending on how well you did. So you get marked on your personal statement, written task, group interview and individual interview. They told me that if you score an overall high score then you are likely to hear within 2 weeks of the interview. If not then you would hear within 6 weeks and still be successful. Just they give the place so out earlier to the people who score the highest score. Hope this information helps ☺️ X
Original post by Allanahp
When I went for my interview they told me that each stage was marked and you were given so many points depending on how well you did. So you get marked on your personal statement, written task, group interview and individual interview. They told me that if you score an overall high score then you are likely to hear within 2 weeks of the interview. If not then you would hear within 6 weeks and still be successful. Just they give the place so out earlier to the people who score the highest score. Hope this information helps ☺️ X

Great!! This is really helpful thank you! I'm so nervous/excited for my interview I just want it over with haha
I have an interview Wednesday but for mental health. So nervous!
Reply 19
Just received an offer from Northumbria university! So happy and excited, just can't wait to start now!😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending