The Student Room Group

What do you think of this laptop?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by john2054
They both look good. Honestly if you find 45 seconds a long time to wait for boot up, how on earth do you think you are going to be able to sit through 3/4 hour lectures at university, every week?

John.

I don't have 3/4 hour lectures, I'm just looking for what I can find for my budget and what I can afford for it's featured. I'm not buying it until Boxing Day anyway.
Original post by spotify95
Out of those two, go for the i7. It'll be faster and it has 2x USB3.0 ports as well as a full 1080p HD display. The only negatives out of that laptop is the battery (which you've said isn't an issue) and the webcam being VGA instead of HD. For basic stuff/webchats to friends, even a VGA webcam will be sufficient.
And it's reasonably priced too!

I agree, but hopefully be little cheaper in the sales. If not I'm happy with the i5!
Original post by Ishax
I agree, but hopefully be little cheaper in the sales. If not I'm happy with the i5!

Are you going to university for a degree? Have you started yet, or which year are you in? All of my fourth and fifth year lectures, or most of them anyway, were four hours plus? Trust me waiting a minute for your computer to boot up is no big deal!??
Reply 83
Original post by MeYou2Night
Ah well, I love my Macs and fortunately can afford to spend that much. :smile:

To be fair I'm more of a desktop person, but I just don't realy get the Apple factor - my PC is faster than any Macbook and it's half the price. I could easily buy a nice laptop equivalent in speed to a Macbook with the money saved.
Are you going to university for a degree? Have you started yet, or which year are you in? All of my fourth and fifth year lectures, or most of them anyway, were four hours plus? Trust me waiting a minute for your computer to boot up is no big deal!??

I'm in second year, just completed first semester for second year. I only have two hour lectures.
Reply 86
I've never had good experiences with Lenovo
Original post by Ishax
I'm in second year, just completed first semester for second year. I only have two hour lectures.

And what degree are you doing btw, if you mind me asking?

The first one is i3. The second one is AMD.

I'm looking for i5 or i7.
And what degree are you doing btw, if you mind me asking?

BSc Computing
Original post by Andy98
I've never had good experiences with Lenovo

I haven't used them before
Original post by Ishax
The first one is i3. The second one is AMD.

I'm looking for i5 or i7.

i3 is fine actually?
i3 is fine actually?

I can afford i5 with my budget so I'm aiming for that at the moment.
Lenovo is still a good brand
Otherwise Dell is good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ishax
I can afford i5 with my budget so I'm aiming for that at the moment.

and 16 gig ram?
and 16 gig ram?

Dude, he doesn't need a a gaming pc
4-8 GB ram should be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile
The laptop seems ok and has good specs. I tend to check reviews on different websites. My laptop is a lenovo idealpad 305 and was £250 so I'd say lenovo are good.
Original post by Trevish
Dude, he doesn't need a a gaming pc
4-8 GB ram should be okay

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's 8GM ram. Just putting it out there, I'm a girl lol!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trevish
Lenovo is still a good brand
Otherwise Dell is good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't seen many Dell laptop on sale to be honest!
Original post by pizza4ever
The laptop seems ok and has good specs. I tend to check reviews on different websites. My laptop is a lenovo idealpad 305 and was £250 so I'd say lenovo are good.

Yeah I'm reading reviews at the moment, it's i5 processor and for £379 can't really go wrong. Free 3 years warranty and 3 year added care just for £40 accidental damage etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending