Worst Subject / Course you have done?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
CLIMATE HOAX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
For me it has to be Level 2 Workskills at college the class is made up of about 70% disruptive students and the course is 10x easier than when I was in Secondary School....

Also most classes I end up doing absolute strange things like designing Christmas Cards or Origami Boxes.....

To say I was 1 GCSE grade off doing A-Levels I get on a nightmare of a course at the base of a reject bin....
FreedomTower
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CLIMATE HOAX)
For me it has to be Level 2 Workskills at college the class is made up of about 70% disruptive students and the course is 10x easier than when I was in Secondary School....

Also most classes I end up doing absolute strange things like designing Christmas Cards or Origami Boxes.....

To say I was 1 GCSE grade off doing A-Levels I get on a nightmare of a course at the base of a reject bin....
For me, it was a BTEC 1st Diploma in ICT at college which like your course was made up of mostly disruptive students, yet my course tutor and other staff picked on me the most despite me doing my work as I should. :unimpressed:

I wanted to do a course in motor vehicle but my mum forced me to do this course instead and I was left with no real career path.

In January however, a guy someone knows is willing to take me on for training in his motor vehicle workshop giving me the opportunity of a real career path!
4ÆM
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Worst subject I've done is AS Economics
Incredibly boring and I felt dead in every lesson
FreedomTower
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by serah.exe)
Worst subject I've done is AS Economics
Incredibly boring and I felt dead in every lesson
In my course, I got that feeling every time we had tutorial sessions.
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AS maths

Spoiler:
Show
jk dont kill me
username2324315
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE Drama
Computernerd1810
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
BTEC anything BTEC, was so close to doing proper courses too.
Nirvana1989-1994
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Legal Secretarial course at college; I nearly died of boredom.
retro_turtles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE English language and Chemistry oh lord
KaylaB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE Geography, partly because the teacher was an absolute wench, partly because I don't care about rocks.
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
AS English, it mind-numbingly dull. It was a bad choice, since I don't read books anyway, so I obviously didn't read the one I was going to be examined on and the book was so **** anyway. And it's one of those "Share your ideas lessons", since I had no ****ing idea what the book was about my answers were half assed like "There's a short sentence followed by a long sentence, perhaps that foreshadows the growing strength of the female characters and blah blah blah...", followed by the teachers "oh yes that's a nice idea". I mean, what a load of *******s.

Not to mention the classmates weren't the best, either ignored me completely or when they did talk it was about the most inconsequential ******** ever. And the teachers didn't care much, the idiot told me there wasn't much to change on the coursework and they hid my score from me, but gave it to everyone else and allowed them to change stuff, then when I got my results, I got bang on C for coursework.
Also they didn't let me change to Further maths, because "I'm weak at maths and my English is stronger", which made me hate English even more.

Bit of a ramble, but I absolutely despised that lesson. I could list so much more, but I won't.
1secondsofvamps
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE textiles, i shouldve done geography or something
username1339858_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE Art - it took away my love for art
undercxver
Badges: 18
Report 4 years ago
History A Level.

Not my kinda **** at all.
Asolare
Report 4 years ago
AS Psychology for 2 months I mean God it was dull
Sir Fox
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Psycholinguistics (3rd year undergraduate module). Yes, it is as boring as it sounds.
username1539513
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE Art the worst by far; we just kind of get left to our own devices with no guidance
Clockrice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Level one accounting.
a.little.bird
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
"Health studies" (sociology of the NHS, really) as part of an Access to Nursing course. The tutor was such a left-wing Marx-lover that it made my little Conservative heart hurt. I don't think it helped that most of the class couldn't understand why we had to do the subject.

The sociology tutor I have now is a leftie, but he's not radical and seems to have some respect for Conservative governments. At least, he doesn't have a look of disgust on his face when he has to mention them, right-wing politicians, etc.

I hated GCSE English Literature too. It had zero use to me back then, having a D in it has zero practical use to me now. It was awful.
Aladdinsaaane
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Oh God I did this cultural moduel (cant remember the title) at my previous uni and we had to make a presentation about dishes and stuff.... THIS WAS AT A TOP 15 UNI. It was pathetic. I even prefer accounting tbh lmao
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
16.52%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.96%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
6.09%
I need help with my personal statement (44)
38.26%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (28)
24.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.74%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.09%

Watched Threads