Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I just ended my first semester of IB, but I've realised I may have the wrong subject combination. I'm not completely sure about it but I'm leaning towards studying Biomedical Sciences after IB (or Biomedicine?). Tbh I'm not too sure about the difference between the two, if someone could clarify for me that'd be great.

So currently, this is my subject combination.

HL - Econs, Eng Lit, Maths
    SL - Bio, Chem, French ab initio

I am definitely going to change Bio to HL. I looked through subject prerequisites of different unis and some say I need Bio and Chem HL? Whereas some just say I can choose 2 out of : Bio, Chem, Maths.

Tbh I'm doing quite badly in Maths HL but at the same time I really don't want to take Chem HL because I don't particularly like the subject. I don't want to take all 3 at HL though. And which subjects should I bring down from HL to SL?

Which subjects at HL are better for Biomedical Science degree?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by buhrenda)
    I just ended my first semester of IB, but I've realised I may have the wrong subject combination. I'm not completely sure about it but I'm leaning towards studying Biomedical Sciences after IB (or Biomedicine?). Tbh I'm not too sure about the difference between the two, if someone could clarify for me that'd be great.

So currently, this is my subject combination.

HL - Econs, Eng Lit, Maths
    SL - Bio, Chem, French ab initio

I am definitely going to change Bio to HL. I looked through subject prerequisites of different unis and some say I need Bio and Chem HL? Whereas some just say I can choose 2 out of : Bio, Chem, Maths.

Tbh I'm doing quite badly in Maths HL but at the same time I really don't want to take Chem HL because I don't particularly like the subject. I don't want to take all 3 at HL though. And which subjects should I bring down from HL to SL?

Which subjects at HL are better for Biomedical Science degree?
    Bring down Maths, Chem and Bio definitely more important

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Bring down Maths, Chem and Bio definitely more important

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I definitely agree, have a friend who wants to do Vet (she started off as biomedical though) she does Bio and Chem HL. She takes Maths SL. She also does Geo HL (She likes it and its an easy 7 for her) as well as Eng. Lit SL and French B SL. Maths is not too important, but I wouldn't advise dropping to studies either. I would 100% recommend taking Chem and Bio at HL and substitute the last HL slot with a subject you are guaranteed a high mark in just to up your points. But yeah don't stress of HL Maths if you don't need it.

Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.