Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've tried several different types of ballet pump shoes over the past year (even slingbacks) but I can never keep them on my feet. My mum said she has exactly the same problem and it's something to do with the shape of our feet. I sometimes find court shoes difficult to walk in, but generally the heel helps me keep the shoe on my foot better somehow.

I really want some nice flat shoes (not boots) to wear during the day with my jeans (currently just live in trainers) and for when I'm wearing a long top over leggings but I can never find anything suitable for the autumn months other than ballet pumps. I don't really want to sew ankle straps on any ballet pumps as I don't think they look as good when wearing them with leggings.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hello!
    What you could do when buying dolly shoes is try not to buy ones that are soft leather, or any squashy type of material because then the back will be easier to stand on. You could go for harder dollyshoes, like patent leather, or harder leather ones.

Another idea is, when you're out shopping and are trying shoes on, your feet are hot and swell up, so you tend to go for the larger size, only to find when you get home and try them on, they're a tiny bit too big. I'd always go for the smaller size because they will definitely stretch but not too much, like the bigger size.

Shoes with straps are a good idea (although can be fussy fastening them all the time, best to get ones you can slip on)

Finally, elastication (for the nation) is a good way to go eg:
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...0236&langId=-1

Do I sound like I've swallowed a shoe text book? Sorry, I worked in a shoe shop for a year and a half - hope I helped!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Periphescence)
    Hello!
    What you could do when buying dolly shoes is try not to buy ones that are soft leather, or any squashy type of material because then the back will be easier to stand on. You could go for harder dollyshoes, like patent leather, or harder leather ones.
    Have tried the leather ones and didn't have much luck with them either

Another idea is, when you're out shopping and are trying shoes on, your feet are hot and swell up, so you tend to go for the larger size, only to find when you get home and try them on, they're a tiny bit too big. I'd always go for the smaller size because they will definitely stretch but not too much, like the bigger size.
    Okies I'll try some smaller sizes on when I next go in to town

Shoes with straps are a good idea (although can be fussy fastening them all the time, best to get ones you can slip on)
    I agree that straps are a good idea and I think they'd look fine with jeans, but if I was wearing a paif of 3/4length leggings I'm not convinced they look good :s

[QUOTE]Finally, elastication (for the nation) is a good way to go eg:
    http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/st...0236&langId=-19/QUOTE]
    I tried them on last weekend, but the 7s (my usual size) seemed way to small - my toes were all squished and 8s were too big

Do I sound like I've swallowed a shoe text book? Sorry, I worked in a shoe shop for a year and a half - hope I helped!
    Hehe, no you don't, you just sound like you're being very helpful! Thanks

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.