The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
tami*
:eek: which ones?

sigh, I sometimes wonder why so many members put the effort into the TSRwiki page, since it seems to be largely ignored by the current crops of applicants :rolleyes:

Just this once I'm going to be nice and not even make you read it for yourself:

UEA
Peninsula
Newcastle
j00ni
sigh, I sometimes wonder why so many members put the effort into the TSRwiki page, since it seems to be largely ignored by the current crops of applicants :rolleyes:

Just this once I'm going to be nice and not even make you read it for yourself:

UEA
Peninsula
Newcastle

haven't been on the wiki page...yet
Reply 22
The wiki is in the future going to be a lot more integrated, so that users cannot (we hope) ignore it!

The wiki is full of very useful info - i wish it ahd been around when i was applying/doing A-levels! :smile: Even sample personal statements for a lot of subjects for when you apply for UCAS.

Don't forget about it is all i'm trying to say.
~Kirsty~

The wiki is full of very useful info

:dito: just been exploring its links - very helpful!!
Reply 24
I'm glad someone looks at it! :smile:
Reply 25
It is perfectly doable - I had a for GCSE and an A for A2 - its remarkable what 2 weeks hard work can achieve - just knuckle down, you are after all responsible for your own grades - suppose you took the same attitude regarding someones life?
digitalis
I'm sorry, but that has almost no significance when it comes to A level! Loads of people who get A*s really struggle in AS, its just a case of adjustment.
Especially now that you don't actually have to do... well, any science for GCSE chemistry.
mulan_nasil
i got a D in chemistry As! and i'm trying to apply to medicine i know if i keep this up i might as well give up! do u think it's possible to improve at least by 3 grades? has anyone done it? i think i might ask for extra lessons or maybe a tutor but i'm seriously dissappointed and my other grades arn't even that good either, BBC,
but i dunno whether or not i shud retake the whole of my AS chemisty or just resit my modules cuz my module scores were CDC,
god! i can't do chemisty at all and i've already resat the first module if i resit it again i wud have resat the same module 3 times already!
help!

Go for it, I did it with my module results being EDE and resat entire AS and did A2 at the same time, I got A'z on all the modules after that so ended up with an A overall...its not impossible...i did it, jus make sure u work lyk more than u have ever dun in ur lyfe n it'll cum 2 u...plus i had alotttttt n i mean alottt of personal problems during my A2 year but kept my focus...so its achievable
Pleeease no txt speak! Have mercy!
am sure u mustn't be that old not to understand text speak????
Reply 30
rolldeep786

It's against forum rules, annoys people, and is unnecessary when you have a full keyboard in front of you

Plus writing things like "A'z" and "lyfe" instead of the correct spelling makes you look like a moron
Reply 31
wtf, i can't believe some of the replies in here

don't retake year 12, of course you can bring BBCD up to AAB. needless to say, you will have to really sort yourself out and work hard hard hard with retakes AND A2 modules. i shan't kid you into thinking it will be easy.

and don't just give up and go for something like biomed or biochem or whatever. just don't do that.

have some hope and believe in yourself amigo. i'm telling you, this is very possible. but don't think that you can slack all year and start revision a week or two before the exams. you need to get your head together NOW and be on top of everything. as long as you've got the dedication, i'm certain you can get your grades up to AAB/AAA :smile:

edit: oh and if your teachers don't predict you the minimum aab, fear not. gap year > no gap year. seriously. you might think of a gap year now as being absolutely life ruining and so on, but you won't by the end of year 13.

I'm 18....but seriously, "lyke", "lyf", "alotttttt" (that defeats the point of txt speak?), "cum"?
Reply 33
I struggle with this language of text speak too - i hope that doesn't make me 'old'.
Reply 34
Have you perhaps considered rejecting the grade, and trying to take another Alevel in one year - I know plenty of people who have done this?

Do you like Chemistry? If you don't and you need it to get into some Med Schools, you need to study solidly and "fall in love with it" sort of. Extra tuition, start revising soon for the Jan modules. Do retakes. Revise like mad.

"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best"
Reply 35
~Kirsty~
I struggle with this language of text speak too - i hope that doesn't make me 'old'.

Not at all!! Besides, with the advent of predictive text, "txt tlk" is going the way of the dinosaur (thank goodness!)
If its against forum rules then cool, but its a much faster way of typing and it becomes a habit, so you can't blame a person for using it. I don't see why it labels someone as a moron though...??
Reply 37
^ just because why would someone type 'lyke' instead of 'like' when both words are the same length.

personally, since we're discussing text speak, i don't mind 'u' and 'ur' and 'k'. i use them myself. an occasional 'da' i could manage with too, if there's a maximum of two in the sentence. but when it's: 'yeh lol i went 2da shopz n dey tld me i woznt old enuf 2by alcohol so i sed iz mum woz fat' it's too confusing to be worth the bother of reading/understanding/replying and so on

i don't even know how this debate started in here
Reply 38
Hey, I think i'm in a similar boat with my grades.

I got BBBC in my AS's. In biol/phys/maths and chem. I'm gonna drop physics but resit and hopefully up the rest of the grades.

But, I'm wondering do these grades matter on UCAS, or do they just look at your predicted A2?
I got a B in GCSE chemistry...and an A in AS chemistry (just about mind you..) so there's no reason why you shouldnt be capable to achieve an A if you put the effort in :smile:

don't retake year 12, of course you can bring BBCD up to AAB. needless to say, you will have to really sort yourself out and work hard hard hard with retakes AND A2 modules. i shan't kid you into thinking it will be easy.

and don't just give up and go for something like biomed or biochem or whatever. just don't do that.

have some hope and believe in yourself amigo. i'm telling you, this is very possible. but don't think that you can slack all year and start revision a week or two before the exams. you need to get your head together NOW and be on top of everything. as long as you've got the dedication, i'm certain you can get your grades up to AAB/AAA

edit: oh and if your teachers don't predict you the minimum aab, fear not. gap year > no gap year. seriously. you might think of a gap year now as being absolutely life ruining and so on, but you won't by the end of year 13.

I agree with this :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending