Turn on thread page Beta

Failing Modules (1st year) watch

ReputationRep:
    Just about to submit my referred coursework for the first year and looks like i'll still have failed 2/6 modules.

Overall marks are 30 and 37

I cant seem to get in contact with who i need to at University but im right in thinking that failing two wont effect me being able to do the second year?

Cant seem to find any paperwork regarding the rules but im just slightly concerned as the ones i've passed werent by that much either. i.e. like 45 overall mark. Need to do a hell of alot better next year if im giving the chance, just slightly concerned thats all
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Usually uni's let you progress if you fail 20 credits... but every uni has its own policies. Try emailing your school office or something like that - or email your head of subject.

ReputationRep:
    Slightly concerned?

ReputationRep:
    It also depends on whether those modules were core modules or subsids.. But generally, I would say that doesn't sound too good. sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Slightly concerned?
    well at i'll have only failed by 3% on one and 10% on the other i didnt think it would have been that bad within regards to failing the year

i guess i was wrong :confused:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    10% is a huge amount to fail by!

ReputationRep:
    oh well, looks like i might have managed to get away with the referred work on one of the modules.

hopefully looking to pass 5/6 after reffered coursework complete leaving 100/120 points for the first year, see where that leaves me

ReputationRep:
    Get into contact with your university, they'll tell it to you straight.

Have you received any literature from them concerning enrolment into the second year? If not, speak to them!

The university might waiver the fail as it's your first year (well it depends on the university and its policies!), but you HAVE to buck up your ideas in your second year because it's vital that you pass to go into the honours year.

An another note, if you're failing the modules so badly, are you sure the course you have taken is the right one for you? Surely this is a sign that you might need to change to another course?

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought your course leader would have been the best bet in fact I am surprised you havent been spoken to anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djhworld)
    Get into contact with your university, they'll tell it to you straight.

Have you received any literature from them concerning enrolment into the second year? If not, speak to them!

The university might waiver the fail as it's your first year (well it depends on the university and its policies!), but you HAVE to buck up your ideas in your second year because it's vital that you pass to go into the honours year.

An another note, if you're failing the modules so badly, are you sure the course you have taken is the right one for you? Surely this is a sign that you might need to change to another course?
    Just have letter with results on that just says decision on the year withheld until next board. Presume that means it's dependant on the results of the referred coursework.

It's just two particular modules on the couse im not very good at, which is my fault as i didnt pay much attention in lectures. I know i need to buck ideas up and will be doing that presuming i get onto the second year. If not ill look at enrolling on something else.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    i haven't got my enrolment info for next year either - but it still is 4 weeks away and the uni is moving to a new campus so i'll let it off!

best bet email your tutor - they will know! 100/120 points is a scrape, and they may still want you to retake those modules, as well as level 2 work.

ReputationRep:
    referred results back, 120/120 credits

one relieved student :cool:

ReputationRep:
    well done you

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.