?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hi
snu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Why don't you look at the literature HSBC has given you, or their web site. It's patently obvious if you actually look that the Student account has a 0% overdraft.

The difference is that HSBC has recently changed their graduate account so the overdraft is no longer interest-free, which seems a bit harsh - it's unlikely that you'll be able to immediately pay back your overdraft as soon as you graduate, it seems fairer to expect it a few months down the line once you've had a chance to get a job and get sorted etc.
TheGreatest21
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by snu)
Why don't you look at the literature HSBC has given you, or their web site. It's patently obvious if you actually look that the Student account has a 0% overdraft.

The difference is that HSBC has recently changed their graduate account so the overdraft is no longer interest-free, which seems a bit harsh - it's unlikely that you'll be able to immediately pay back your overdraft as soon as you graduate, it seems fairer to expect it a few months down the line once you've had a chance to get a job and get sorted etc.
Are you sure...I just check online and it said "Optional interest free overdraft* – up to £2000 typical 0% EAR variable."

And if it is no longer 0% Interest-Free then does that apply to people in the second year of their Student Account?
snu
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
The overdraft is optional. You don't have to have an overdraft.

If you're in second year, you still have a Student Service account.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

I LOVE a Black Friday deal (244)
45.1%
Nah, Black Friday is pointless (160)
29.57%
I don't have an opinion (137)
25.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed