The Student Room Group

AQA New Alevel Biology Specification

3.8.4.1 (Recombinant DNA Technology) - From this content, it said 'relate recombinant DNA technology to gene therapy' but there is no specific detail about gene therapy. How much content do I need to learn about gene therapy? There are so many online and I cant find aqa-based information.

Would be grateful if you respond asap thank you.
Original post by Code 19
3.8.4.1 (Recombinant DNA Technology) - From this content, it said 'relate recombinant DNA technology to gene therapy' but there is no specific detail about gene therapy. How much content do I need to learn about gene therapy? There are so many online and I cant find aqa-based information.

Would be grateful if you respond asap thank you.

If the quote from the specification says "relate recombinant DNA technology to gene therapy", then don't get too worked up over how much you need to learn gene therapy. It's simply asking you to consider the potential applications that recombinant DNA may have in treating human diseases. Given the nature of recombinant DNA technology, you may be required to apply your knowledge in potential exam questions based around genetic abnormalities in humans. Otherwise, if nothing else in the syllabus mentions gene therapy, you won't be required to go into depth since it is mainly a university-level topic.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending