Turn on thread page Beta

I've got my account back, all by myself... watch

ReputationRep:
    Reading all the vienna thing, I found the e-mail were she got the confirmation link, typed it in my browser and then they sent me the code again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    Reading all the vienna thing, I found the e-mail were she got the confirmation link, typed it in my browser and then they sent me the code again.
    hmmmm.....

ReputationRep:
    Well done! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hmmmm.....
    Vienna, you appear to have your account back now as well. When did that happen?

Are a subscriber now as well?

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm.....
    Sorry I had to use it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Well done! :rolleyes:
    Well it's a good thing isn't it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Felicitations, dear

I missed this avatar (the separation of Happy and Sunshine in the newly-created name made you seem actually uber happy to the point of suicidal cheerfulness). Woo yay for you then
    Wow, that's a good one "suicidal cheerfulness" - like it.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's a good one "suicidal cheerfulness" - like it.

How are you?
    Not bad. This thread explains my new problems, but I'm alrightish in general.

My constant raping of the English language (creating new-fangled words and oddly skewed phrases) is apparently shocking though, or so I'm told.

ReputationRep:
    Well it's a good thing isn't it? :confused:
    Yeah it is a good thing. Im impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Not bad. This thread explains my new problems, but I'm alrightish in general.

My constant raping of the English language (creating new-fangled words and oddly skewed phrases) is apparently shocking though, or so I'm told.
    Oh D! :eek: I never knew tick bites could have such bad effects. You will be okay, though wont you and you wont get them all? :'(

ReputationRep:
    jeez louise! I just gave you rep for your other account! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    jeez louise! I just gave you rep for your other account! :mad:
    Oh no! Ha Ha, oh well I'm sure it'll come in handy. Bleh, that's so nice, my newbie account hadn't had a piece of rep. and you gave me some. I'll give you some reputation tomorrow for that.

ReputationRep:
    Vienna, you appear to have your account back now as well. When did that happen?

Are a subscriber now as well?
    i had my account since yesterday evening. i have been a subscriber for over a week.

ReputationRep:
    i had my account since yesterday evening. i have been a subscriber for over a week.
    What happened to the whole "anti-subscriber" movement?

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the whole "anti-subscriber" movement?
    there wasnt one. there was an anti-double-standard-of-moderation-in-the-subscriber-forum-leading-to-bad-activity movement, which then turned into a pro-transparency-in-moderation-across-UKL movement. for one reason or another, i subscribed to aid this latter process, so sleep easy.

ReputationRep:
    there wasnt one. there was an anti-double-standard-of-moderation-in-the-subscriber-forum-leading-to-bad-activity movement, which then turned into a pro-transparency-in-moderation-across-UKL movement. for one reason or another, i subscribed to aid this latter process, so sleep easy.
    Fair enough. But heres a thought, your PM's reveal you are more of a character you reveal yourself to be on UKL. Surely you collaborating with the mods reveals your own double standards? You can't be with them, and against them. Can you?

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough. But heres a thought, your PM's reveal you are more of a character you reveal yourself to be on UKL. Surely you collaborating with the mods reveals your own double standards? You can't be with them, and against them. Can you?
    im not and never was against the mods. i highlighted a number of problems. these were discussed on the forum and then in private as you see with Expression. its not a game or a competition. i wanted to make sure that standards of moderation in the subscriber forum were the same as here, they werent, i let the mods know, they agreed, they did something about it and now im confirming it. everyones a winner. the only people who didnt like it at first were the subscribers because it meant they couldnt do what they were doing before. but as you can see, they got over it and subscriptions are going up because its far more relaxed. and if you dont want to subscribe you should be more confident that nothing is going on in there that wouldnt be allowed here.

ReputationRep:
    im not and never was against the mods. i highlighted a number of problems. these were discussed on the forum and then in private as you see with Expression. its not a game or a competition. i wanted to make sure that standards of moderation in the subscriber forum were the same as here, they werent, i let the mods know, they agreed, they did something about it and now im confirming it. everyones a winner. the only people who didnt like it at first were the subscribers because it meant they couldnt do what they were doing before. but as you can see, they got over it and subscriptions are going up because its far more relaxed. and if you dont want to subscribe you should be more confident that nothing is going on in there that wouldnt be allowed here.
    Ultimately, I don't see the big thing with subscribers and non-subscribers, so I really don't care much to what goes on with either. I suppose you have a fair point that the overall forum was in degeneration, but is now slowly making an improvement, but I think your way of going about it was kind of hypocritical. I distinctly remember you complaining about the possible going on's in the secret forum which subscribers could see, and also complaining about the underhanded work of some of the members, whilst simultaneously you were in a sense, doing the same, although for a different cause.

ReputationRep:
    Ultimately, I don't see the big thing with subscribers and non-subscribers.
    Hear hear. And I've seen it from both sides of the fence now.

can you give me instructions as to how to get my account back?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.