Unconditional Offer at Aston University? Watch

Simran_Kaur_1999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi, I have been given an conditional offer at Aston University today but i am definitely sure that i want to go to this uni as it is my firm choice.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an unconditional offer from them, or could i email them asking for one, telling them that this is my firm choice?
I am wanting to study International Business at University and the entry requirements are ABB and i am predicted BBB for my A Levels.
Thank you very much.
sonia2882
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Simran_Kaur_1999)
Hi, I have been given an conditional offer at Aston University today but i am definitely sure that i want to go to this uni as it is my firm choice.
Does anyone know if it is possible to get an unconditional offer from them, or could i email them asking for one, telling them that this is my firm choice?
I am wanting to study International Business at University and the entry requirements are ABB and i am predicted BBB for my A Levels.
Thank you very much.
If you applied through UCAS and your predicted grades were put as BBB and the grades you need are ABB, they wouldn't give a unconditional offer because you are not predicted to meet the expected entry requirements. You might get an unconditional offer from Wolverhampton though. Plus if you choose Aston as your firm choice you are more likely to get a place than someone who chose them as second.
Simran_Kaur_1999
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by sonia2882)
If you applied through UCAS and your predicted grades were put as BBB and the grades you need are ABB, they wouldn't give a unconditional offer because you are not predicted to meet the expected entry requirements. You might get an unconditional offer from Wolverhampton though. Plus if you choose Aston as your firm choice you are more likely to get a place than someone who chose them as second.

Sorry, my bad i meant to say that my predicted grades are also ABB not BBB.
Is there no other way i could get an unconditional offer for Aston University though?
But thank you for your time and response
sonia2882
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Simran_Kaur_1999)
Sorry, my bad i meant to say that my predicted grades are also ABB not BBB.
Is there no other way i could get an unconditional offer for Aston University though?
But thank you for your time and response
It is quite rare to get an unconditional offer from Aston unless it is a subject which has less demand, or let's say competition. If Aston is yur first choice you have a very high chance of getting in, even if you get BBC. There is also the option of clearing where you could get in with grades as low as BCC, so you will be fine and don't even need an unconditional offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Aston University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.6%
They might tell the bully (30)
9.9%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
14.52%
It might lead to more bullying (115)
37.95%
There's nothing they could do (94)
31.02%

Watched Threads