Code 19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
From this content, it said 'relate recombinant DNA technology to gene therapy' but there is no specific detail about gene therapy. How much content do I need to learn about gene therapy? There are so many online and I cant find aqa-based information.

Would be grateful if you respond asap thank you.
macpatgh-Sheldon
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you are able to give the principles of gene therapy, explaining the splicing of a gene from e.g. a bacterium onto human DNA by ligase after creating a split with specific endonuclease enzyme, then give any example of successful application of the principle to a pecific disease e.g. the abnormal translocation gene that causes the chloride transport defect in cystic fibrosis, you will be doing enough to do well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (130)
41.94%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (35)
11.29%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (25)
8.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (67)
21.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.97%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
6.13%

Watched Threads