brigitaaa02
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
hey guys, i just wanted to ask how do you revise for English A level? i find it really hard. do you guys use websites or revision guides?
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
moved to the English forum
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by brigitaaa02)
hey guys, i just wanted to ask how do you revise for English A level? i find it really hard. do you guys use websites or revision guides?
I can't tell you how to revise

But all I did was find quotes that fit into themes and literally memorise them. That's how you essentially revise - by memorising the your notes or whatever. It's the same with Literature. You need to make sure you understand the book in its cultural and political context; time when it was written and received as well as how it has contributed to the literary canon.

Practise essay writing and planning under timed conditions this will make you better at writing essays under pressure.

But that's all I can give you 'cause my strategy works for me, but it might not work for others.

And i didn't under websites or revision guides. I think most if not all A-level revision guides are just long, exaggerated chapter summaries with brief discussions on thematic topics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (38)
31.93%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.92%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.2%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.68%

Watched Threads