The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

tut you cant diagnose yourself over the internet, otherwise no one would bother going to a doctors :rolleyes: see if you can get to see your GP any sooner and if not you're just going to have to hope for the best, im assuming you're quite young? if you are then chances are it wont be cancer anyway
Reply 21
Nope, I'm not.
Reply 22
Get your appointment moved forward and try not to think about it until then. I'm forever getting random lumps, behind my ear and on my hand at the moment, and they're nothing sinister- I panicked and assumed the worst too. Chances are it's just something stupid like that. (hug)
Reply 23
prettygreeneyes99
tut you cant diagnose yourself over the internet, otherwise no one would bother going to a doctors :rolleyes: see if you can get to see your GP any sooner and if not you're just going to have to hope for the best, im assuming you're quite young? if you are then chances are it wont be cancer anyway

Testicular cancer affects men between the ages of 15-30 more than any other age group.
Reply 24
Anonymous
See above. If a lump is actually attached to one of the testes, then that's bad news, which in my case it is.

Also, Samba if you're taking the piss you can just **** off.

Dude it could quite easily be varocuse veins (excuse the spelling)??? I know a few guys that have had the same thing including myself, i went the docs he gave it a good seeing to and told me it was the afore mentioned!! so i had them remove, actually pain free which was a huge supprise!?!?!?.

To stop your mind bending your head get to the doc's right away, tell them it can't wait. If it is cancer which i dout, it can be removed and you can still lead a happy life, one ball will do the job of two.

Good luck chap.:wink:
Reply 25
Thanks for responses guys. I guess I'll know soon enough, but I'm sure it is cancer, though I reaaaaaaaaly hope it's not.
Reply 26
Anonymous
Thanks for responses guys. I guess I'll know soon enough, but I'm sure it is cancer, though I reaaaaaaaaly hope it's not.

you have no real reason to be sure though. take it easy, dont assume the worst. and if it is; deal with that bridge when you come to it
Anonymous
Testicular cancer affects men between the ages of 15-30 more than any other age group.

Oh well you must have it then! :rolleyes:

Seriously, Im sure we could all diagnose ourselves with a number of things via the internet if we wanted to, I think you trying to diagnose yourself from what a website tells you has only served to make you worry more.
Just book an appointment as an emergency tomorrow.
Your scared, I can understand that but in all honestly you could be worrying so much your making yourself sicker than you actually are. Alot of people read up on symptoms and get so deeply involved they start to experience 'phantom' symptoms. Now Im not saying your imagining a lump and Im no doctor but for all you know it could just be a cyst or a fatty deposit, something as simple as that. I think you really need to calm yourself down, stop reading up on those symptoms and only worry when you have something to worry about. Wait for your diognosis and then take it from there.
Reply 30
go and see a pharmacist - you could have booked an appointment with the nurse which would have been quicker
Reply 31
I thought the feeling weak part, was due to the treatmeant of cancer? Because the treatment makes you feel drained not so much the cancer itself?

Anyhow it is really common in men to have cysts "downstairs" or these things called pearls which are just made up of calcium i think , but they're both harmless!
Reply 32
The best thing to do, and i know it's easier said than done, is not panic! Saying you think you're dying is just going to make you worse, and it's probably not true ( in thsi day and age any way, my mum had breast cancer over 15 years ago and shes fine!). I know it's gonna seem like the longest week of your life waiting for your appointment! Plus im sure that if you explained to youGP what the problem was,they would have you in 2mz! If not you should be finding another doctors!
Loads of the posters in this thread need to give this guy a break. He's worried. Often you *can* get a strong idea from the net. There's a lot of information out there. You cud always go to A and E if you're really worried, they're often not that busy in the middle of the night and i'm sure they'd check you.

fingers crossed dude
Yea and did you tell the receptionist what the problem was when you booked an appointment? Im sure if they thought it was something pretty serious they would fit you in sooner? And I guess if you're that worried you could always try an emergency doctors appointment, or even try ringing nhs direct as Im sure they deal with all sorts of things and so may be able to put you're mind at rest somewhat...
mc_watson87
Loads of the posters in this thread need to give this guy a break. He's worried. Often you *can* diagnose yourself from the net. There's a lot of information out there. You cud always go to A and E if you're really worried, they're often not that busy in the middle of the night and i'm sure they'd check you.

Yea but its not always correct information, there's no one checking that all the information is correct so people could be writing anything, so its not really reliable...
Reply 36
Someone came and spoke in our school about testicular cancer, apparently if you catch it early enough it can be well treated and there is a good survival rate.

I've just gone and got this leaflet she gave me.
To quote it 'And remember-if caught at an early stage, testicular cancer can have a cure rate as high as 99%'.

You can do better than a week mate, kick up a fuss at doctors surgeries and hospitals. Don't wait around, it's your health.

www.everyman-campaign.org

Don't panic, go slightly nuts at receptionists at your doctors surgery and good luck.
Reply 37
Or even try your local Sexual health Clinic, they will be really helpfull and should get you in straight away!
Reply 38
Ring NHS Direct! What good is posting on web forum going to do?
prettygreeneyes99
Yea but its not always correct information, there's no one checking that all the information is correct so people could be writing anything, so its not really reliable...

There are a lot of good medical diagnosis aiding sites written by professionals. And you can check the information against other sites. I believe many are quite, if not very reliable.

Latest

Trending

Trending