The Student Room Group

What you love about your favourite subject

I see lots of people talking about how they hate their subjects (honestly, I do this loads too), but loads of people are really enthusiastic.

So: what is your favourite subject and why do you love it?

My favourite subject is history and my favourite thing about it is just all the stuff we learn. I'm so interested by all of it and it's such a pleasure to spend four hours of my week doing something I really love (I also love all the stupid things that happen or silly things that figures think).
CHEMISTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why because it's a science and it mixes Maths and Physics all in one, it's also a very interesting subject that is very fun...
My favourite subject is Maths :love:

I love it because it's just so logical, it just makes sense. It's responsible for so much of how the world works and so many concepts have roots in mathematics. I love that the more maths I learn, the more I love maths! It registers very well with me as I like things to have definite answers. I also like how maths can be applied to so many different situations, it's super versatile.

So yeah, dunno if you can tell but I kind of like maths :redface:
Original post by NiamhM1801

I love it because it's just so logical, it just makes sense. It's responsible for so much of how the world works and so many concepts have roots in mathematics. I love that the more maths I learn, the more I love maths! It registers very well with me as I like things to have definite answers. I also like how maths can be applied to so many different situations, it's super versatile.

Exactly how I feel. LOVE MATHS
Reply 4

I used to think of maths just like that - it was my passion, my motivation to live

now I just don't know what's happened to me :emo:
Performing arts when I was at school as it gave me a chance to be social with people in a manner I wouldn't normally have got to have done so in any other way.
Original post by 408655
I used to think of maths just like that - it was my passion, my motivation to live

now I just don't know what's happened to me :emo:

Aw no! What's made you go off it?

Original post by ruby_zara
Exactly how I feel. LOVE MATHS

Woo!!
Reply 7
My favourite subject is German and I just love the richness of the language and the feeling of satisfaction when you can read a sentence perfectly and understand it. I feel like my love for languages probably stems from how I was raised to be trilingual and how languages have always come easily to me since I was younger. I also find it amazing when something that you've been puzzling about for a while suddenly makes sense and you can feel your brain turning sideways to understand it and then snap back into place once you understand it.
Reply 8
Original post by blank27
My favourite subject is German and I just love the richness of the language and the feeling of satisfaction when you can read a sentence perfectly and understand it. I feel like my love for languages probably stems from how I was raised to be trilingual and how languages have always come easily to me since I was younger. I also find it amazing when something that you've been puzzling about for a while suddenly makes sense and you can feel your brain turning sideways to understand it and then snap back into place once you understand it.

I am a polyglot and German is one of the languages I love. I love learning languages too. My current one is German, it just makes sense to me. Love the complexity of it and the joining of different words together.

To OP, my favourite subject is Biology, love it so much I did a degree in it. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Vanny17
I am a polyglot and German is one of the languages I love. I love learning languages too. My current one is German, it just makes sense to me. Love the complexity of it and the joining of different words together.

To OP, my favourite subject is Biology, love it so much I did a degree in it. :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Learning languages makes me unbelievably happy and it's amazing how logical it is at times and learning vocabulary is super satisfying :h:. If I may ask, what languages do you currently speak and are there any you wish to learn in the future? I'm currently taking GCSE German and I plan to take it at A-Level! I currently speak English and two dialects of Chinese.
Original post by blank27

omfg yes this. totally agree, apart from the fact i wasn't raised trilingual.
Original post by blank27
Learning languages makes me unbelievably happy and it's amazing how logical it is at times and learning vocabulary is super satisfying :h:. If I may ask, what languages do you currently speak and are there any you wish to learn in the future? I'm currently taking GCSE German and I plan to take it at A-Level! I currently speak English and two dialects of Chinese.

I know! I feel the same way too. The logic behind languages is just amazing to me, especially when you understand the language and just "get it" I feel happy learning languages too, and that nice feeing when someone else speaks the same language as you is just filling. I speak English, French, German and 2 other languages. Would love to learn Dutch in the future. Wow, that's a great combination, learning Chinese is an accomplishment in itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Languages, as it's the foundation of everything we do in society. Governments govern countries in a language, law is ordained in a language, a country's literature is in a language, everything you do in life is done by using a language.
I love all my subjects. I do the crusades in History which can be a little boring at times but I love history itself so I trooper on!
Politics. Oh wow. I love politics. I love the relevancy of everything we discuss and how it makes sense of the world around me. I love how it makes me question myself and my beliefs and encourages my critical thinking. I love how much my mind just flows with it and I can dicuss ideas which really mean something.
My favourite A Level was Geology! I found it to be the most interesting out of my subjects, and I liked the fact that everything was logical and a lot of it was factual (I'm better at learning facts and then applying them in shorter answer questions than writing longer essays). I also like it because it's very relevant to a lot of issues today, e.g. oil and gas, engineering, climate change, natural hazards and so on. I'm actually doing a Geoscience degree now :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I get to make videos: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC7n4vYkAxxV6Hs5AsVwr_NA

Please check it out and sub.

I used to be like that too, and I still like maths, but my passion is more passive now than it used to be.
I did maths and further maths at a level and would not have picked other subjects given the chance. We leant interesting stuff, but we did FP3 as an extra module, and while learning it I remember thinking that I'm not going to need some of the diffuclt, theoretical stuff. When maths is easy I enjoy it, but in difficult times I start thinking about the work and effort vs. the gain. So you could say that I love useful maths, I like seeing it applied. I loved mechanics for example. Probably why I'm doing computer science at university - extremely relevant, yet logical and mostly unambiguous, computers don't guess!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest