Turn on thread page Beta

I seriously need ur help!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

as u by now will know that the name of the thread is just to attract people

na joke by side

i will be taking the practical test soon and some of my questions are as i will use my mothers car:

1) Do i only need to buy a rear view mirror such as this one for the examiner http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/...4L._AA240_.gif or do i need to buy the exterior mirrors as well ?

2) Does the examiner want to the see the confirmation letter of the insurace for the car ? and do i need to insure the car for the practical test:confused: ?

3) Do i need to bring a person with me who holds a licence for longer then 3 years ?

4) what is a head restraint :confused: and does a mercedes A-class 2002 has this thing

and is there anything else i should know before doing the practical test ?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    1. Yes

2. You should be able to prove that the vehicle is roadworthy (Tax, MOT and insurance). You should be insured already.

3. At least to take you to the test centre

4. Its what you rest your head on, the 4 main seats should have them, the middle rear one might. On the old style A-Class, I believe its stored in the centre seat base.

Make sure you know how to open the bonnet, how you check oil and water etc.

ReputationRep:
    thx for the quick reply

for number 2) do i need to bring the insurance paper with me to show it to the examiner ??

and should i bring a person who holds a licence for longer than 3 years sitting in the back during the exam as i have heard they fail u for little reasons

and the car i will be using has not a brake or kletch for the examiner is that fine or a problem ?

Sorry for the stupid questions

ReputationRep:
    Bring everything with you, if they ask to see it, you can show it. If they dont, dont worry!

Having a person in the back is up to you and the examiner. You arent required to though.

You dont need to have dual controls in the test car. Many people use thier own. Plus its Clutch, not kletch. I had to look at it twice to work out what you meant :P

Just take you insurance and MOT certificates.

The person that comes with you does not have to be in the car with you in your test.

No, duel controls are not required.

ReputationRep:
    lol kletch i meant clutch:p:

its just if they ask for the insurance than i am screwed as my name is correct but all the other details are wrong:rolleyes:

its says on my insurance certificate:

Mr Max John (second user) ---- which is correct
    1.9.1961------ which is incorrect date of birth
    Holds a licence since 8 years ----- no ways do i hold such a licence, i want to do a licence !!

This is not my mothers fault when insuring the car but the insurance companies fault and my mother refuses to change it as the insurance price of the car will than increase and it is cheap at the moment for a mercedes
    a-class

second question: is it up to me or examiner whether i wanna bring a person with me ? and should i or should i not bring a person with me ? anyone got any experience ?

ReputationRep:
    It's possible you may have a problem if they do look at your insurance certificate in detail then, if you did have a crash the company might try and void the insurance because details aren't correct, but then if you gave them the correct details and it's their mistake i'm not sure how it would happen.

ReputationRep:
    You are not insured to drive...

ReputationRep:
    "my mother refuses to change it as the insurance price of the car will than increase and it is cheap at the moment for a mercedes"

Yeah, class yourself as uninsured. If you are not paying the correct price it's in reality void.

Why are you not doing the test in your instructors car?

ReputationRep:
    Yup incorrect details = uninsured....your mum or you really needs to get that changed incase documents get examined or you have an accident

ReputationRep:
    Get it sorted. No offence, but I dislike people who drive without insurance. If you have an accident with me, it means im the one thats likely to get screwed.

ReputationRep:
    You really need to get that insurance sorted out ASAP. If the examiner checks the insurance documents before your test you won't be able to take it. Also, if you have an accident you won't be insured, which is an offence in itself. All you need is for someone else to hit you (not even your fault) and if you need to show your documents (licence and insurance) it will be obvious the details are wrong. Whilst it will make the insurance more expensive now, it will be a hell of a lot cheaper and easier to deal with than if you are driving uninsured (which you are now).
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    A quick point about the dual controls- if you're test standard, the examiner shouldn't need them
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    and on the point of insurance, obviously the price is going to be higher for a unqualified/newly qualified driver.... Its worth the price if yuu ever need to claim (at present your paying for nothing, since as soon as you need to claim the insurance becomes void)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.