Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I was just wondering whther in your room you get supplied a lamp, a noticeboard and are there hangers in the wardrobes.
    Also was wondering whther using the internet is easy such as i have a laptop which is wireless. so i need 2 bring any cables etc 2 connect the two up.
    ta guys

ReputationRep:
    You get given a cable for the internet. You get a lamp. I didn't have a noticeboard or hangers, but I don't know about other halls. I presume not with hangers.

ReputationRep:
    i had a big notice board along my desk in ancaster. we got given about 2 rubbish wire coathangers so invest in plenty of good plastic ones! i wasn't given a lamp but i had a built in light above my desk. apart from that all you get given is the bed, their duvet/sheets if you want it but its advisable to bring your own! i just used the uni bed sheets to sit out in the corridor with ppl etc! the internet is really easy to connect to with the ethernet cable they give you. you get a phone and chair too. thats about all your room contains when you get there

ReputationRep:
    there's a full length mirror though right? omg i sound so vain but i've discovered recently that i need a full length mirror lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ange de la nuit)
    there's a full length mirror though right? omg i sound so vain but i've discovered recently that i need a full length mirror lol.
    There's a half-length one on the inside of the wardrobe doors

ReputationRep:
    I just had one over my sink. Had to stand on the chair alot!

ReputationRep:
    It does vary from hall to hall, or that's the word on the street yo.

ReputationRep:
    when you say you'd bring your own bed stuff do u mean the actual duvet as well??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Just use the duvet and pillows they give you but use your own sheets.

ReputationRep:
    No way I wouldn't use the hall duvet. Mine at least was really thin and cold

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking my own duvet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelBabyfrog)
    I didn't have a noticeboard or hangers, but I don't know about other halls. I presume not with hangers.
    we have to bring hangers:confused: i would never have actually thought of that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cloudless)
    we have to bring hangers:confused: i would never have actually thought of that
    to be honest you'd probably have brought hangers for things that really need them anyway, since they'll be on them before you take them anyway.

ReputationRep:
    ok a half length mirror is fine...but one above the sink is stingey

ReputationRep:
    im stayin in jubliee. do u get provided a lamp

ReputationRep:
    Apparently so. Which hall?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.