HL Biology IA Help!

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

Does anyone have any sample database bio IAs? I'm doing a database investigation for my bio IA but can't seem to find an example or sample one to help guide me. I've seen the tuberculosis one and that's it!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tillu22)
    Hi guys!

Does anyone have any sample database bio IAs? I'm doing a database investigation for my bio IA but can't seem to find an example or sample one to help guide me. I've seen the tuberculosis one and that's it!

Thanks
    Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what a 'database bio IA' is but I have an exemplar from a girl that used to go to my school (c/o 2016), she did HL and she got a 7, I can attach that if you'd like?

The IA was on HCl affect on enzyme activity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goglglo2605)
    Hi,

I'm not exactly sure what a 'database bio IA' is but I have an exemplar from a girl that used to go to my school (c/o 2016), she did HL and she got a 7, I can attach that if you'd like?

The IA was on HCl affect on enzyme activity
    omg no way! that would be great if you can! thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    Tada
    Ok! I got it! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! Let me know if you need any notes or help

ReputationRep:

It was no trouble at all, good luck with your IA! These are really helpful, got a 7 at SL Bio following the liver process. Oh and a few tips, some easy marks that I earned and she earned as well were for personal engagement and safety and ethical considerations! It really could do you a lot of good, I didn't do as well on my evaluation though my teacher said I should've gone in 'more depth' (not sure what he meant tbh, I didn't care now that it's all done with forever)

ReputationRep:
    My IA was on bacteria by the way if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    My IA was on bacteria by the way if you have any questions.
    that's pretty interesting... was it a databased IA lab? i had an idea for one but i realized i had no personal engagement so i need to find a new one

ReputationRep:
    that's pretty interesting... was it a databased IA lab? i had an idea for one but i realized i had no personal engagement so i need to find a new one
    Yeah, yeah it was I was testing the efficacy of anti-bacterial effect of different products

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, yeah it was I was testing the efficacy of anti-bacterial effect of different products
    that sounds pretty cool! im having soo much trouble :-/ cannot find anything

ReputationRep:
    that sounds pretty cool! im having soo much trouble :-/ cannot find anything
    Okay well along what lines are considering working on?

ReputationRep:
    Okay well along what lines are considering working on?
    i've worked on it a little and im thinking of comparing obesity and diabetes in different provinces in canada. i even found some data!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 24, 2016
TSR Support Team
Today on TSR
Poll
What is your favourite pancake topping?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.