Turn on thread page Beta

The strange case of Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde AQA 2017 watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have resources for this book? I do AQA exam board, and the best resources for me would be things such as themes and quotes linked to that. Quotes based on representing each character and possibly a summary off each chapter aswell as model paragraphs for the new 2017 paper.

THANK YOU IF YOU CAN PROVIDE HELP <3

ReputationRep:
    We're doing the same exam board, unfortunately we have a crap teacher this year for English who cant engage a class or control one either, compared to my wonderful teacher from Last Year who offered all sorts of resources for An Inspector Calls and Romeo and Juliet her lessons we're such a pleasure, now I'm stuck with Mediocre lessons having to self-teach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    We're doing the same exam board, unfortunately we have a crap teacher this year for English who cant engage a class or control one either, compared to my wonderful teacher from Last Year who offered all sorts of resources for An Inspector Calls and Romeo and Juliet her lessons we're such a pleasure, now I'm stuck with Mediocre lessons having to self-teach.
    I understand you tbh, most of my teachers are like this except two or three but my english teaches as if we're university students and he makes it so complex and doesnt help us nor provide us with revision sources because he thinks we're being lazy but we're top set and i honestly try my best

I have some amazing resources for inspector calls if you'd like some, message meeee

ReputationRep:
    Theres an app called Pixlit or PixlLit, something like that with Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde and loads of other stories which GCSE students are learning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King_786)
    Theres an app called Pixlit or PixlLit, something like that with Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde and loads of other stories which GCSE students are learning.
    Thank youuuu, I'll check it out now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hydrodash)
    Thank youuuu, I'll check it out now
    what did you get for your jekyll and hyde mock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popsiclez)
    we're doing the same exam board, unfortunately we have a crap teacher this year for english who cant engage a class or control one either, compared to my wonderful teacher from last year who offered all sorts of resources for an inspector calls and romeo and juliet her lessons we're such a pleasure, now i'm stuck with mediocre lessons having to self-teach.
    have you done your jekyll and hyde mock

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello12356)
    have you done your jekyll and hyde mock
    Yes for our English Lit paper 1 Mock

ReputationRep:
    Yes for our English Lit paper 1 Mock
    our question was how is mr hyde presented as a frightening outsider, was yours the same

ReputationRep:
    our question was how is mr hyde presented as a frightening outsider, was yours the same
    Lol no it wasn't but I cant really remember what it was that was weeks ago, I think it was something Like How does Stevenson present the theme of duality throughout the play as a whole??

ReputationRep:
    Lol no it wasn't but I cant really remember what it was that was weeks ago, I think it was something Like How does Stevenson present the theme of duality throughout the play as a whole??
    what bit of the extract were you given, was it jekylls full statement?

ReputationRep:
    what bit of the extract were you given, was it jekylls full statement?
    It was basically the bit where Utterson and Someone else forgot his name wondered into the area where Hyde lives. I think.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my gossshhh i have the same problem - i feel you! ...i actually don't know what to do. Completely snatched away from my comfort zone just before flipping GCSEs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostplot)
    Oh my gossshhh i have the same problem - i feel you! ...i actually don't know what to do. Completely snatched away from my comfort zone just before flipping GCSEs
    If you look at the studentshare resources for Dr Jekyll and Hyde, there are a few good ones; personally i only found 2 useful ones

ReputationRep:
    If you look at the studentshare resources for Dr Jekyll and Hyde, there are a few good ones; personally i only found 2 useful ones
    Haven't checked that out yet...thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostplot)
    Haven't checked that out yet...thanks!
    Im also going to be making resources so a summary,analysis and such for each AQA anthology for Power and conflict (If you also do that i could probably email it to you when i finish)

ReputationRep:
    Im also going to be making resources so a summary,analysis and such for each AQA anthology for Power and conflict (If you also do that i could probably email it to you when i finish)
    If you could that would be super helpful as i do have a mock in less than a month on all literature. If you have an opportunity to share it at some point it would be much appreciated! :cute:

ReputationRep:
    i did the same one as you, do you know what is on paper 2?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.