Turn on thread page Beta

internship application watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    do you think the questions asked in the online application for most banks and firms this year will be the same one as last year?

Yes.

ReputationRep:
    When does the application process for internships start with IBs?

I understand a lot are in October, is this true? and are they all around this time?

ReputationRep:
    Look on banks' websites...

ReputationRep:
    I've been looking around, nothing is open IMO - maybe one or two but yeah nothing really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazster)
    I've been looking around, nothing is open IMO - maybe one or two but yeah nothing really.
    theres actually quite a few open

ReputationRep:
    Checking now, i've only found a couple, well JP Morgan seems open

ReputationRep:
    At least 6 are open.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    At least 6 are open.
    Are you talking about summer internships here btw or spring weeks?

ReputationRep:
    Summer internships for 2008.

Quite a number of summer internship applications will be open. Doesn't mean I would recommend applying this early. Far from it - I'd discourage it.

ReputationRep:
    Why??

ReputationRep:
    I think Ben's theory is that banks don't look at applications until later, and earlier applications can just be neglected. I'm not sure how far I agree, why would they open applications if they weren't ready to look at them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loggins)
    I think Ben's theory is that banks don't look at applications until later, and earlier applications can just be neglected. I'm not sure how far I agree, why would they open applications if they weren't ready to look at them.
    They are pureee evilll?

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends... some banks start screening earlier... which means giving out offers earlier so applying later means that you risk all the places going

However applying early normally means you're applying with a lot of tough competition.

One application not worth doing early is Goldmans. They don't start screening until some time in November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazster)
    They are pureee evilll?
    :rolleyes:, I'm sure that's not why.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)
    I think it depends... some banks start screening earlier... which means giving out offers earlier so applying later means that you risk all the places going

However applying early normally means you're applying with a lot of tough competition.

One application not worth doing early is Goldmans. They don't start screening until some time in November.
    The reason I'm tempted to apply early is because I'm on a four year course and will be probably be applying again this time next year, so I'm a little wary of the whole "waiting 12 months before applying again" rule.

ReputationRep:
    When can you start applying for Easter ones? And do most of the main banks offer them?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all the BBs offer them, some are open now, just keep checking the websites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by love2learn)

most dont start interviewing till december at the very earliest though so i dont think places will go.

Its worth perfecting your application and getting lots of people to check it through. I don't think it would make much difference if you submitted your app now compared to say end of october, so its worth taking your time and thinking carefully.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.