The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I have this problem too, cept I'm female :p:
Anyway when it's all quiet and echoy in the dunnies I can never go when other people are in there. I don't like how you can hear everyone wizzing and they could hear me too. I don't know it's just weird!
just go to the corner ones lol
Reply 42
Usually not a problem, but i must admit once or twice people near me cough or something stupid like ask me a question , and I've stopped midstream, which is quite the annoying achievement. takes a while to start back up if i can Haha
Reply 43
yes im the same, but its getting better as it used to be alot worse. particualarly in school. its called being 'pee shy' lol

you just have to think of something important, like what your planning to do at uni or whatever. takes your mind off it. btw i never use the urinals cause i know id be stood there for like 30mins and people would become suspicious lol
Reply 44
Surprised at how many people cant do this.

I can't either, I have to be seriously drunk, drunk enough that everything is in slow motion and you cant concentrate on conversations and i rarely get that bad.

My mate takes the piss out of me everytime he sees me waiting to get in a cubical, but keeps quiet when I turn it on him by shouting "everytime i go to take a slash you follow me, if you want to see my dick say so".
Reply 45
only happens to me if i'm drunk.........or the room is packed and you have to be toughing the next guy to use it... :O
Guys, don't be chicken. No one else wants to look at your penis, really. Take a leak in the urinal. Don't use the cubicle unless it's a number 2 !! Keep up the efficiency of the gents' as that youtube video puts it. Urinals are the only reason why there's never a queue at the men's toilet. I was shocked when I was on holiday in France and about 40 women were queing up for the toilet !
And even if people want to look at your penis, who carse? But then again, mine is a thing of immesurable beauty. Yes you may touch.
Reply 48
I shouldn't worry that much about it really. I think all men are born with a natural instint to use the urinal furthest away from the other person or persons as they can. And if that is not possible, to wait until a large enough gap has been created.

I once played an online game involving that somewhere on the net. Can't remember where now
Reply 49
It's common, an evolutionary throwback from when we were primates. Urinating is a situation when an animal is most vunerable to predators, so it's no surprise we still have this today.

Just go in a cubicle, it's no big deal.

It's not like you've got anything to prove.
Reply 50
I don't have a problem using urinals in public, I generally think about other things rather than the fact I'm using a urinal, like I'm doing later in the day/week, I don't pay attention to the fact that other people are around me.
Reply 51
Only if there is a massive queue behind me. When I was at a beer festival a couple of nights ago there are only 2 urinals to about 300 people and I had a lot of angry drunk people behind me. Doesn't help when one of them starts pissing in the sink right next to you and speaking incoherently about how great his hygiene is.
Reply 52
Urinals in men's toilets definitely don't bother me; anything more public than that such as those night-time urinals you get in the pedestrianised streets around a lot of bars (Reading has them) definitely do. But with the men's toilets, I can't possibly see it as a stage to get frightened of. Nobody wants to watch you pee, they are all in there for the same purpose.
You should check out the film "Waiting On" - I think that's the film anyhow. There's a guy in it who has this exact problem.
Yeah "Waiting"....I'm not sure he overcomes it in the end though..
I totally know the feeling. It's really bad at my work where there are only 2 urinals so you're forced to stand next to someone else and pee
Reply 56
I get this a lot of the time so just give up and go to a cubicle straight away instead of being stood at the urinal looking & feeling a fool with nothing happening.
If you were stood next to a guy with nothing happening but had his hand down there, would you not be slightly worried as to what he was doing? :p:
It happens, I tend to find that thinking about something else does the trick.

"I wonder what I'm going to make for dinner tonight"
"That conversation I just had was absolutely scintilliating"

If your mind is on the stage fright, you get stage fright. Simple as.
Reply 58
A lot of guys are like that, but it's totally irrational. Though, I prefer to use a cubicle if there is one there, but if I really need to go I will use the urinals, unless I would actually have to queeze in past people. That would freak the **** out of me, definately time for a cubicle.
I use the cubicle quite a lot, due to people not observing the laws of the toilet. And mostly due to some of my trousers having button flies. I mean really. The most unuseful design for a fly!

Latest

Trending

Trending