Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if you can get freeview at surrey/battersea court? I'm on the fourth floor so I should get a better reception than if I was on the ground but still is it a good signal in general as in good enough to get it through a tele top aerial or maybe do they have wall sockets to connect your tv from there?

Thx MM

ReputationRep:
    sorry for bumrushing your thread, but can anyone tell me if there is any chance to have Sky/Virgin or any kind of digital TV installed @ halls of residence?

cheerz

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynamitri)
    sorry for bumrushing your thread, but can anyone tell me if there is any chance to have Sky/Virgin or any kind of digital TV installed @ halls of residence?

cheerz
    That I know for a fact you can't do, says so somewhere in terms, in fact you're not even allowed to drill holes in the wall so that def means you can't get any sort of sky/cable.

Is there anyone whose lived in battersea/surrey court and knows for certain whether you can get freeview?

ReputationRep:
    i got freeview perfect in cathedral court

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A_J)
    i got freeview perfect in cathedral court
    But did you do it through a wall socket or your own aerial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leenick)
    But did you do it through a wall socket or your own aerial?

own aerial, there wasnt a wall socket in my room

ReputationRep:
    Still not much to complain about, if you can get freeview thats still pretty cool. I checked on some random website about reception (www.wolfbane.com/cgi-bin/tvd.exe) and if you put in your postcode it tells you what sort of aerial you need to receive freeview. It turns out the guildford transmitter is only a mile away so a set-top aerial is good enough (according to the website). Also the battersea/surrey/cathedral/university courts are on top of a hill so theres a very good chance of getting a good reception especially if you're off the ground floor.

ReputationRep:
    awww i'm gonna miss my sky + lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LinziP123)
    awww i'm gonna miss my sky + lol!
    you're gonna have much better things to do, girl ;]

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.