travel time/ work time Watch

cheerios
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
hi just wondering how long it takes everyone to earn the money (assuming you do) to do any traveling planned. After going interrailing i think it will take me a good 3 months plus of waitressing to save up for a diving course i would like to do. this seems like a long time to just be sitting at home. is it the same for everyone else or should i look for a higher paid job - i earn a whopping 4.50 phr.
Hopeandfaith
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Waitressing is good cuz u earn tips as well as ure paid job the only troub is the hours are nto logn enough to earn anything worth while, try lookign for somehting with betta pay and longer hours- 9-5 type job you ll soon save up a fair bit. Divig is pretty expensive so i think this is the best option for you. I do 3 nights as a waitress and an office job in the day tim, its hard work but im saving up for my trip to OZ in Nov so nee lots of money!

You could also work abroad to fund your activites if you dont wanna be sat waiting for th money to build up at home...
supersteiger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm working until (probably) the beginning of March before going to SE Asia (and hopefully E Africa if I earn enough). At the moment I have a full-time day job (10-6) but from next month I'll be starting a new day job and doing an extra weekend waitressing shift (in a garden centre though so no tips unfortunately!) A lot of people do a day job and then do a couple of evening shifts in pubs as well.
You can do better than £4.50 an hour!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should Banksy be put in prison?

Yes (247)
14.58%
No (1447)
85.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise