The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how many events does that do you for, and do you really feel like you'd go to all of them for the money? at our freshers it was 3-4 events for £28, and they had loads of spaces on the night. (then again it was rated as a fairly poor week)
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
finally someone from my neck of the woods that is going to lincoln.
Reply 3
there robbing bastards the engine shed!

i decided to buy the full freshers thing! and its £44 including booking fee but they then add an extra £1.50 for being sent it!

post and collection on the night costs £1.50!

so its £45.50 the bastards

EDIT : maths didn't work out
Reply 4
ye they are really expensive, i cant believe that the shed is so expensive on freshers week, some of my mates who went to uni last year said the unions and other places were like £1 - £3 entry and they had cheap drinks all week,
is the shed usuallly that expensive or do they have cheap student nights like on some days in the week where everything is cheap?
Reply 5
Its on par with town usually.

If you want free beer, look on the floor for ticket stubs and take them to the bar for a 1/2 pint carling. I got hammered for free one night picking them up and asking people for them :rolleyes: . I'm not sure why you get 1/2 pint carling but they don't advertise the fact anywhere so I think its just a select few who are supposed to be able to abuse it.

I'm not the leat bit interested in going , plus I need the money for another £800 9 month old computer upgrade :biggrin:
Im only getting a wristband if my friends do!
Reply 7
Only reason i got it is if my flat mates have them and i don't i will have to wait outside on my own...
Reply 8
Yeah, that is what is dragging me into getting one.

Can you buy the tickets in Lincoln? Rather than the web-site.
Reply 9
james88

Yeah you can but i gather it will only while stocks last etc...

i have ordered mine now, just got to wait for it to turn up
Reply 10
i dont get this!!!!
if i pay £40+ it'll get me into everything?
but what if i dont want to go to everything??? can i buy stuff when i get there?
and do i have to book online 1st regardless??
HELP!!!
x
Reply 11
you can buy when you get there, but then theres the risk of not getting a ticket...
Reply 12
Its all about the risk.
I didnt have one last year, all of my flatmates did but never used it so I was the one laughing.
Not getting one this year either canny see the point in spending £40 when the Engine Shed will be packed, you cant get to the bar and have to stand and queue for ages
omills
finally someone from my neck of the woods that is going to lincoln.

hey there, im starting business studies this year, just wondered what block the classes are located in, dont want to get totally lost on my first day! thanks :smile:
james88

hey there, what is the website you buy the freshers week tickets on?..does any1 think it is really worth it cos im skint, and from experience does any1 know if i can get into the engine shed on the night?...also my boyfriend is only at college but we live together in the pavilions, will he be able to get in anywhere with me with his student card or is it strictly uni students? thanks! :smile:
Reply 16
Can't say more than 3 of the events interest me. How long do the tickets take to arrive?
Reply 17
i received mine after about week and a half or so
Reply 18
Is absolutely everyone getting it??

I don't think I am....well it's getting abit too late now anyway...but I just don't think I'll be attending every single one of those engine shed events...but then I do see the point of being left out when everyone has a ticket and you're left outside queuing for them not knowing if you'll get in or not!

Btw this 'full freshers package' wrist band thing for £45.50...it only lets you into the engine shed events right? Nothing else? Don't understand why they call it the 'full freshers package' if it doesn't let you into every single freshers events, just the Engine Shed ones!
Reply 19
I'm not getting any. Might try and get some down there. But atm I can't be assed spending £40 on something that I may not even attend.

Latest