The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL GCSE Level 2 Algebra

Hi does anyone know how to get the Edexcel GCSE Level 2 algebra papers for 2016? I'm a private candidate and don't know how to get them.
Reply 1
Can anyone help please?
Original post by S2M
Can anyone help please?

The January papers are available on the Edexcel web site.
You can't get the summer 2016 papers, They are locked and only available to teachers for use as mock exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by gdunne42
The January papers are available on the Edexcel web site.
You can't get the summer 2016 papers, They are locked and only available to teachers for use as mock exams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok thank you. Why would teachers use them for mocks don't they use full past papers?
Original post by S2M
Ah ok thank you. Why would teachers use them for mocks don't they use full past papers?

Don't know what you mean. For the level 2 algebra award they are full past papers???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Don't know what you mean. For the level 2 algebra award they are full past papers???

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I mean as in a actual past paper with all the topics in it.
Original post by S2M
No I mean as in a actual past paper with all the topics in it.

They are past papers with all of the topics that comprise the level 2 algebra specification. It is a separate qualification from say GCSE maths and so teachers need mock papers for anyone taking the level 2 algebra qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
They are past papers with all of the topics that comprise the level 2 algebra specification. It is a separate qualification from say GCSE maths and so teachers need mock papers for anyone taking the level 2 algebra qualification.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh ok, thank you for telling me. :smile:
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Would you say like a private learning institution has the locked papers?
Original post by S2M
Would you say like a private learning institution has the locked papers?

If they are registered for access with edexcel (and they probably are) then they should do.
Reply 10
If they are registered for access with edexcel (and they probably are) then they should do.

Thank you for your help. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest