Not sure what to write for my personal statement......

Watch
Gabs112233
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi I am applying for Criminology at Uni 75 - criminology and 25 - law, I have done most of my personal statement but i'm unsure on what to write for how my current course relates to what I want to do which is extended diploma health and social care level 3. Also, I have been researching peoples personal statements for criminology and law and they have a lot of experience with court rooms etc and I don't have any of that. Does anyone know what can make mu personal statement better? Thanks.
cambio wechsel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Gabs112233)
Hi I am applying for Criminology at Uni 75 - criminology and 25 - law, I have done most of my personal statement but i'm unsure on what to write for how my current course relates to what I want to do which is extended diploma health and social care level 3. Also, I have been researching peoples personal statements for criminology and law and they have a lot of experience with court rooms etc and I don't have any of that. Does anyone know what can make mu personal statement better? Thanks.
First, you don't have to worry that there is no obviously close connection between your present course and criminology, practically no-one will be able to claim that. And what you can say is that the extended diploma has revealed to you how social circumstance shapes life chances and choice making.

The courtroom business is only up to you. This isn't like applying for History of Art and noticing that everyone else has been on unaffordable trips to Florence. You could sit in the public gallery at your local courts tomorrow.

Something else you should want to do is to look at first year modules on the courses you fancy and identify points of commonality. Talk then about being interested in social exclusion or youth crime or whatnot.

See if you can find a reading list and mention a couple of the texts listed. And you can never go wrong with the OUP very short introductions:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Criminal-Ju.../dp/0198716494
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sociology-V.../dp/0192853805

From a Liverpool academic:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Books/Cri...660RTNC96GDZS2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads