why do boys rebound after a break up

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
my ex is jumping into rebound relationships, he said he saw a very serious future with with girl after just 1 week of talking and kissing once lmao but she said he was being too serious and they didnt take it further and now he likes another girl already?? just one week later???

why do boys get into rebound relationships seriously what's the point you're lowering your standards and going for girls you never normally like and just falling for the first girl who shows some interest in you.. yet claiming to be over your ex lol. he definitely doesnt love me anymore and is very annoyed/angry with me after I hurt him and it's been like 4 months now but I feel sorry for him because I was his first serious gf and now he's just jumping from girl to girl trying to find another long term relationship. do you think he's actually catching feelings for all of these girls or do you think he's aware that he's just rebounding?

boys why do you do it
UWS
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same reason as girls do it.

To try and quickly move on from the pain of a breakup.
l'etranger
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Those people who are genetically most likely to rebound, probably are better at getting their genes into the next generation than people who sit around listening to Drake, would be the actual literal answer as to why.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
To kind of prove to ourselves that you weren't the only one we could have
Anonymous #1
i did something really bad (not cheating) and he's really angry at me and just finds me annoying in general now..... so i don't think the rebounding is to help with "pain of a break up" cos he really dislikes me now and says our relationship was horrible for him but i don't get why he's acting like a f boy now and jumping from girl to girl
Gavin2016
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
They know they need to recover their worth as far as ex or women around are concerned. If a girl dumps a guy it a statement that there was some shortcoming, boxes unticked or wrong boxes ticked. If he leaves and waits his concern is that he's worth will fall and will be seen as not worthy of dating by girls even when he gets to one where there's a real connection. It would be re-affirming the girl was right in dumping him, that he is not good enough which in the male world is a disaster.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
my ex is jumping into rebound relationships, he said he saw a very serious future with with girl after just 1 week of talking and kissing once lmao but she said he was being too serious and they didnt take it further and now he likes another girl already?? just one week later???

why do boys get into rebound relationships seriously what's the point you're lowering your standards and going for girls you never normally like and just falling for the first girl who shows some interest in you.. yet claiming to be over your ex lol. he definitely doesnt love me anymore and is very annoyed/angry with me after I hurt him and it's been like 4 months now but I feel sorry for him because I was his first serious gf and now he's just jumping from girl to girl trying to find another long term relationship. do you think he's actually catching feelings for all of these girls or do you think he's aware that he's just rebounding?

boys why do you do it
If you move past the fact that girls do rebound just as much, then you would have to look at motivation.

It would depend on the individual and they could be looking for different things.
He might be ,looking for:

1. A nice gf.
2. Some different company.
3. Sex

Cant see why you would be bothered he's an ex and he isnt doing you any harm, so let him be. So what if he jumps from girl to girl, then he just might find one of them who ticks the right boxes. Rebounds have a value in themselves as long as hes having fun, then who cares? Its a time to let off steam and meet new people without the restrictions of being in the previous relationship. It makes perfect sense why people do it as opposed to sitting around and moping.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you move past the fact that girls do rebound just as much, then you would have to look at motivation.

It would depend on the individual and they could be looking for different things.
He might be ,looking for:

1. A nice gf.
2. Some different company.
3. Sex

Cant see why you would be bothered he's an ex and he isnt doing you any harm, so let him be. So what if he jumps from girl to girl, then he just might find one of them who ticks the right boxes. Rebounds have a value in themselves as long as hes having fun, then who cares? Its a time to let off steam and meet new people without the restrictions of being in the previous relationship. It makes perfect sense why people do it as opposed to sitting around and moping.
i mean it just doesn't make sense how quickly he's getting so emotionally invested.... that girl he kissed legit said to him that he was being too intense. to me the whole rebounding thing just seems like an act of desperation (esp considering this girl is the complete opposite of what he normally likes but he overlooked it because she was the first girl to be nice to him lol)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago
i mean it just doesn't make sense how quickly he's getting so emotionally invested.... that girl he kissed legit said to him that he was being too intense. to me the whole rebounding thing just seems like an act of desperation (esp considering this girl is the complete opposite of what he normally likes but he overlooked it because she was the first girl to be nice to him lol)
Some people dont hang around perhaps he enjoys being in a relationship?
What do you expect me to say he's massively insecure and missing you tragically so he is desperate to find a replacement for what he had?

Some people can move on quickly. If he has only had one gf, then perhaps he can learn qhat to look for, what he liked and what eh does not. Why do you care? He's you ex.
Saba XD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Cant see why you would be bothered he's an ex and he isnt doing you any harm, so let him be.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Saba XD)
Exactly what I was thinking.
why do i care about my ex rebounding?? what do YOU think??? lol don't make stupid comments please only comment if you have something valuable to add
Saba XD
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
why do i care about my ex rebounding?? what do YOU think??? lol don't make stupid comments please only comment if you have something valuable to add
I don't think it was stupid at all. I think it is stupid that you thought it was stupid. Go ahead and report me. :borat:
DanB1991
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Guys and girls work differently, although I personally find often girls are more likely to rebound seeing it's generally easier for girls to find partners.

Anyway the psychology side of things, girls tend to have tons of emotions early on that slowly over time deal with the breakup. Guys by comparison just distract themselves (aka going crazy etc) then are likely to eventually get depressed because they haven't dealt with the psychological impact of the breakup until it's too late.
Hamoody
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
http://i.stack.imgur.com/fJhtA.gif
Laomedeia
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by l'etranger)
Those people who are genetically most likely to rebound, probably are better at getting their genes into the next generation than people who sit around listening to Drake, would be the actual literal answer as to why.
Ive heard of that. Wasnt that a calculation to predict how much life there is in the universe? By ****ing, you could increase that amount of life, but by a seriously negligible number.

Meh.
username1726117
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Not gender specific, as girls do it too.

Ultimately it's to get over the pain from the previous breakup, but it's a very unhealthy way of doing so. Issues will crop up whether it be one month, one year or several years later, as quite often they haven't taken the time to heal properly.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This.
Abdukazam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Lots of people missing the point.

We have needs.
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Easier to go have fun and get laid than think about stuff and deal with the fallout in your head.
SMEGGGY
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
To show their ex 'they're over her/him) but girls do it too so don't be biased.

More sex though
Posted from TSR Mobile
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (438)
56.3%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed